Paranormal Science And The Bible

Fox was truly a Christian mystic and I love the Quakers for their liberal spirituality and I would say that Fox wasn’t influenced by the Gnostic’s to my knowledge. I’m sure the Quaker concept of the Inner Light is different from the Gnostic understanding of the inner divine that is trapped in all humanity. But I could be wrong.

1 Like

Where does this idea come from? There is no indication in the Bible that the flow of information from Heaven would ever stop. This is a man made misconception that the promise of the spirit truth stopped with the disciples, but men are often wrong…

Did you surf on it?

The Gospel will not be added to or revised by mediums and supposedly truthful spirits of the dead.

I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ.

But I am afraid that as the serpent deceived Eve by his cunning, your thoughts will be led astray from a sincere and pure devotion to Christ. For [u] if someone comes and proclaims another Jesus than the one we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit[/u] from the one you received, or if you accept a different gospel from the one you accepted…

I think you are such a someone.

…those who would like to claim that in their boasted mission they work on the same terms as we do. For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.