Our Closest Wormy Cousins

No, I don’t consider resurrection to be “decomposing” of the body. I believe in a physical resurrection where there is some kind of continuity and also some kind of discontinuity with our present bodies.

not at the Creation museum. :smile:

I agree with you here. But I believe that we live in a secular scientific society that is progressing at a faster and faster pace, that it is important to introduce very complex concepts to children earlier and earlier. I would teach GR before Newtonian Physics, QM before atoms, typing before handwriting, Discrete math before Calculus, evolutionary biology as biology.

Our closest wormy ancestor: 100% of our genes trace their ancestry back to this creature.

Scientists have found that the human embryo, though containing exactly the same genome as the adult, nevertheless looks and acts completely different, in fact more closely resembling acorn worms from the Cambrian period. Although the simple explanation is that the embryo is still undergoing development, it is still true that an identical genome codes for two radically different forms (and of course this is even more the case in metamorphic species like moths).

The conclusion is that similarities between the genomes of distantly related species must be treated with caution, since they invariably cover infinitely more important differences in gene organisation and expression. This, of course, is why a human is not a worm, a banana or a chimpanzee, but the image of God. :wink:

1 Like

It also could mean that humans are no more biologically special than worms, bananas, or chimpanzees.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.