Otangelo has questions about the age of the earth

I don’t think so. How could you even reconcile common ancestry with Genesis ?

The tree of life, common descent, common ancestry, a failed hypothesis

Easy. The say way I reconcile God creating the sun with knowing how the sun generates it’s energy. Genesis says God created and science says how he did it.

2 Likes

Hi James,

I love what you wrote about radiometric dating. Would you know of any good sources that are more recent than the Wiens paper?

God did not say he created common ancestry…

@Otangelo_Grasso1,

If so, then you are right back where you started regarding how we have all these undeniable species and kinds since the Ark released all its animals.

What’s Your explanation?

4 posts were split to a new topic: Do people who embrace common descent “give up on Genesis”?

So let me get this straight. Does the bible lie ?

Let me get this straight: Are you going to double-down on your False Dichotomy tactic? Are you going to keep pretending that what you think the Bible says and what the Bible actually says are the same thing?

Once again, I thank you for relying heavily on traditional tactics. When these come up on countless origins ministry forums, readers rarely get an opportunity to learn from them because contrary arguments are usually censored.

4 Likes

Do people ever lie about what the Bible says?

(Yes, they do. However, most of the time, they either repeat a lie unknowingly or they are simply wrong in their opinion.)

3 Likes

The bible is an ancient book of stories written by an ancient people. Nothing more, nothing less. It is more important to accept what the bible isn’t. It isn’t a science book, it isn’t a history book, it isn’t a book on 21st century morality.

yes, absolutely. i take what the bible says about the creation week word for word as true. And nowhere does it say there that God created a universal common ancestor, from where all species derived.

Nontheless, Jesus said Genesis was true… Was he lying ?

Well, if you think i am lying about what Genesis says, then point it out.

But so do I. Yet, we hold very different views.

I didn’t say that you are lying. If asked if I thought you were lying, I would say probably not. Are you “spinning” the topic? Definitely. (“Spinning” involves distractions like obfuscation, dodging, and unnecessary distractions.

Also, I am certain that Jesus wasn’t lying. (Your question about whether Jesus was lying was another unnecessary distraction and dodge.)

Now that we have dispensed with your various questions about lying, can we get back to the main topic?

[I’m leaving on a trip in a few minutes and may not be back online for some hours.]

1 Like

Well, he didn’t say he didn’t create common ancestry either.

Nowhere does the Bible say that the sun is a spinning sphere of hydrogen and helium.

So do you think astronomers are wrong about the sun?

true. But the bible says clearly that God created the animals, plants, fish, and humans separately. Each of its kind, and during the creation week. Nowhere does the bible teach that God created a common ancestor, as Darwin fantasized.

Yet it does not say how he created them, other than saying “Let the earth bring forth…”

you are distracting. True, he did not say how, but its clear it was not just one common ancestor.

Thank you. Expound on why you consider it “clear it was not just one common ancestor.” The interpretation I accept does not address the issue one way or the other, as the scripture is not about that. I even think the verse stating “Let the earth bring forth…” has nothing to do with science or method of production, though sometimes we who accept evolution throw it out incorrectly as support of evolution. I threw it out just to highlight the ambiguity of the passage as relates to method of creation.

2 Likes