Old Testament law and Jesus

Very minor point: Wouldn’t this normally be considered ethnically based slavery, rather than race-based?

My understanding (which very well may be wrong, as I’m not an expert in such matters) is that the term race is usually reserved for classes construed more broadly than that of a single ethnicity.

That doesn’t make it any better, of course. Not at all!

I appreciate the rest of this nuanced discussion, and you’re right… slavery is very much alive and well today and it is a very thorny set of social practices to end, in any context.

1 Like

Fulfilling the law means that it’s complete. And the Bible point-blank confirms the fulfillment of the Old Testament law.

Mark 7:18-19: “Are you still so dull?” He asked. “Do you not understand? Nothing that enters a man from the outside can defile him, 19 because it does not enter his heart, but it goes into his stomach and then is eliminated.” (Thus all foods are clean.)

I don’t blame anyone for not noticing these verses. I didn’t know them either until WLC referred to them when answering a question.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.