Old post- etc etc etc etc

I don’t know if topics bump here or not, but that’s always a fascinating effect. To see what you said six months or a year ago. Often quite shocking in a bad way. But that, as you say, is a lesson learned. I remember leading a bible study where we gave a mini lesson (sermon or talk) at the start. We studied John in year one and then again in year five. What a laugh that was to see what I thought / believed / taught. We grow (hopefully) and don’t even see. This is a good way to appreciate God for bringing us along and not leaving us behind.

4 Likes

The threads are not bumped automatically here like at Peaceful Science, but we just changed the settings to keep them from automatically locking. So if someone stumbles on an old one and adds a new response it will be resurrected and can come back to haunt you! It is good to remember we are all a work in progress and sometimes we are typing before the coffee has kicked in or long after we should have called it a night.

3 Likes

Relieved… is there an emoji for that? :rofl:

:relieved: (relieved) or :disappointed_relieved: (disappointed relieved) or :relaxed: (relaxed) or my favorite the all purpose :crazy_face: (crazy face). There’s an emoji for everything. You just have to figure out the other eleven characters or whatever it is a post requires.

2 Likes

It is the part about needing to be born twice. Spiritual and physical birth do not happen at the same time. If it did we would not need to be birthed into the Spirit of God. That is the spiritual image that Adam lost. Since God does not have a physical body the only thing that would be in God’s likeness is the Spiritual. Besides the fact that flesh and blood cannot be part of God. 1 Corinthians 15 points this out. I do not think that Adam’s physical body changed, but the appearance of God on earth did. The only part of that image that fits a spiritual likeness would be a non physical appearance that humans today do not have.

Sorry, I clarified further down the thread. I did not articulate my response very well to begin with.

Hi Michael,

I commend you for maintaining the integrity of the thread even though your previous post makes you feel a little embarrassed. Well done, sir!

One thing you could consider doing us adding a postscript edit. Don’t change anything about the original post; instead, just append a little “upon further reflection based on helpful feedback offered by so-and-so, I now feel that…”

Best
Chris

1 Like

Great advice, Chris! I’ll do that on the very next mistake… Stand by.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.