New Post: Is the COVID-19 Vaccine a Miracle?

So would chlorinated water count as a miracle also?

See belowā€¦
Chlorinated water is nothing new. In fact, itā€™s been around since the early 1900s and arose as a medical breakthrough. At the time, waterborne diseases like cholera, typhoid fever and hepatitis were taking the lives of thousands of Americans. To combat the devastation, water distributors turned to chlorine, which reduced the harmful bacteria causing these illnesses. After much success in these efforts, chlorine continues to provide an affordable and sizable solution to disinfecting water supplies around the nation.

The above is an excerpt from the Culligan Water website, but saw similar in another site. I suspect that in the early 1800s chlorinated water seemed like an awesome development. If you had seen relatives with cholera or typhoid, then you certainly (I suppose) would welcome something like thisā€¦ even if the thought of drinking ā€œchlorinatedā€ sounds a bit distasteful (beats cholera).

All I meant by my above comment is that antibiotics of any sort (incl this vaccine) are a great thing. When I had jobs with no health insurance (long ago), I got pneumonia three times in 11 months (dealt with a lot of people at the time)ā€¦and tried all the OTC options to no avail, broke down and went to see a doctor whom I could not afford. She gave me an antibiotic and within hours I could tell the difference. Pneumonia is nothing to sneeze at ā€“ neither evidently COVID ā€” so yes, antibiotics (plus whatever the covid vaccine is called) is a miracle. If you have ever had pneumonia that made sleeping impossible (cuz lying flat in a bed meant the stuff in your lungs pooled up so that you stopped breathing), you would call the thing that cured you a miracle.

That is all I meantā€¦God gives us the ability to do good ( and at times we use our abilities for that).

Happy Friday.

Vaccines have been around much longer. and variolation longer still. Chlorinated water, vaccines, and antibiotics all save countless lives. Do we call them all miracles?

At any rate, Iā€™m glad you got well.

Why canā€™t we just appreciate things that work well for us? A miracle is not always just something that pops out of thin air.

Yes celebrate that human have shared knowledge and worked together to affect a solution. God has to also celebrate the accomplishment of what we did by sharing because He has known all along it was the solution can you imagine the patience it takes to allow us to live in that knowledge gap. We have none for people living in a mask or vaccine knowledge gap

1 Like

I never suggested that we canā€™t appreciate things that work well for us. But that doesnā€™t make everything a miracle.

1 Like