New Article: Honoring Scripture and Honestly Engaging Science

Good save of the post, Randy. I got the book for Christmas and enjoyed it a lot. I think Randal Rauser’s review was good, though would say his critical comments were a stretch. Of course, Rauser had to be critical of something, in order to be himself. The ID comments were out of my knowledge base also, but thought his criticism of what was not written regarding divine action was a little picky. After all, Davidson is a geologist, not a theologian, though he does a good job with the theological topics.
My only disappointment was that I was looking for a little more geology in the book, given his background. I have a YEC friend reading an account of how Pangea broke up and the continents migrated to their present position during the flood, and thought this might be a good book to recommend to him. It may still be, but I am hopeful that Davidson will perhaps write a book primarily addressing geology someday. The Grand Canyon book is good, but limited in scope to that region.
In any case, good review of a good book, one that I would recommend to my friends.

1 Like