Mass Vaccination in a Pandemic - Benefits versus Risks: Interview with Geert Vanden Bossche

Not if the vaccine kills us off. I would rather deal with a virus than an unknown quantity injected directly into my bloodstream.

It is measured carefully.

We know how the vaccines work. We also know about COVID long hauler effects. This is not a crapshoot.

2 Likes

Wrong definition.

[unknown quantity]
NOUN

1. a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.
    “the producers replaced her with an unknown quantity”

I was making a little wordplay utilizing the ambiguity in your diction with respect to injections.

What exactly are you trying to say here? I’m a little confused at your argument.

• You are seemingly saying that a COVID-19 vaccine is going to kill off all humans? Do you have any kind of argument or evidence to support this?
  • You also mention you would rather deal with an infection from the virus. Do you know the rates of struggling with long-COVID symptoms for months or having permanent lung damage? How does that compare to getting a vaccine? Unfortunately we also know that if more people take the “natural infection route,” this gives the virus a greater chance to randomly evolve in such a way that leaves certain vaccines less effective. So this approach makes things more dangerous for everyone else. For example see:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/10.1056/NEJMoa2102214

• You are concerned about an “unknown quantity” of what exactly? You mean a segment of RNA from sars-cov-2? Would you get a vaccine if you knew more about the vaccine and how do you propose someone could go about learning more about them? Or are you more concerned with quality control of producing so many vaccines?

B.1.1.7 is almost certainly more virulent. It also has nothing to do with the vaccine, of course.

Whatever they are, they are overwhelmingly likely to be less than the long-term effects of the virus.

Why would the vaccines affect the uterus more than the virus? What exactly is the expertise of these doctors?

I don’t understand this point of view. The vaccine is better understood than the virus and has vastly fewer dangerous effects. Why aren’t you worried about having an even less known and clearly more dangerous quantity injected directly into your lungs (and indirectly into your blood – why does it matter if it’s direct or not?)

4 Likes

This is in exact opposition to the argument of the vaccine developer in that video I posted. Did you watch it?

No I didn’t, I didn’t start at the top of the thread but partway down. But we know that they are wrong because I posted a real world example with certain vaccines being less effective vs. different so called strains, not thanks to vaccines but thanks to community spread of infection.

That study proves the new strain is due to community infection? I didn’t see that in the abstract.

That seems implicitly obvious to me. More undampened infections means a bigger population of virions available to infect and inevitably have more mutations during replication. More mutations lead to more that are likely escape the vaccines.

• This variant was first identified in Nelson Mandela Bay, South Africa, in samples dating back to the beginning of October 2020, and cases have since been detected outside of South Africa, including the United States

I.e. before vaccines were a thing.

Also, we have an extreme reduction in asymptomatic transmission evidence coming in from Israel because of the vaccine, putting another nail in the coffin in the ideas of the OP video:

https://investors.pfizer.com/investor-news/press-release-details/2021/Real-World-Evidence-Confirms-High-Effectiveness-of-Pfizer-BioNTech-COVID-19-Vaccine-and-Profound-Public-Health-Impact-of-Vaccination-One-Year-After-Pandemic-Declared/default.aspx

3 Likes

It wouldn’t surprise me if these companies are making a pretty penny off these vaccines. However, that doesn’t affect their efficacy or safety. I would also assume that the waivers of liability for the drug companies are contingent on them supplying the FDA and other regulators real and honest data for their early trials.

The reason these waivers of liability were given is that we would have had to wait another year or two before the drug companies would have released the vaccines. They would have wanted to see millions of subjects in different trials before they were convinced that they couldn’t be sued over some very rare reactions that were not reported to future patients.

Thanks for the update.

That has already been done. The original trials had tens of thousands of people with very few if any adverse reactions. There have now been millions of doses given out, and adverse reactions are still very rare. On the flip side, more than 500,000 Americans have died from COVID-19. I think the risk/benefit analysis is pretty clear.

4 Likes

It would be nice to be wrong on this occasion.

2 Likes

But as with all epidemiology, it is not about us. We are healthy (though the 8 year old son of a coworker was deathly ill with it, and nearly died). . Herd immunity protects the weak among us. By immunizing, we save hundreds of thousands of others (and more).

As a family physician, I am aware of a lot of death and longterm consequences of Covid. Covid is much worse than the flu, in the big picture (though the flu does kill many, as well). It is not about us. It is about doing the right thing for the most people.

8 Likes

Because little to no viral matter goes directly into the lungs. First it has to deal with saliva and/or mucous. More goes to the stomach than the lungs.

I have been warned about giving my opinion or facts that go against popular science.

3 Likes