Masks for asymptomatic people?

There is another option.

Your view of what is “acting according” to a high IQ is a subjective judgment that is incorrect.

Perhaps the higher IQ person takes a long term view on personal freedoms and, while you think that is indicative of a lower IQ, may not be.

The ability to decide how a high IQ person will act in a particular situation is a judgment about which reasonable people with high IQs may disagree.

True. I wrongly assumed that people would care anything about people’s grand parents. I should have realized that intelligence says nothing about whether they only care about their own personal liberties.

I am a grandparent, four times over. I am responsible for my own level of isolation and protection. I don’t expect others to live their lives for my benefit.

I care about the freedoms of others. I see that as a sign of respect for others, not as stupidity.

I am a parent and not a grandparent yet. So in my case, it is not about my benefit, but about teaching my children a higher morality than just doing whatever they feel like all the time.

1 Like

I agree we should teach them (our children) a higher morality than doing what they feel.

I also note that teaching my children to be responsible for themselves and to help others and to protect the freedoms of this country for posterity is important.

If I live long enough, God willing, I hope to help the grandchildren in their understanding of those matters.

What does this mean? I may act stupid, but I’m really smart?

Definitely a reason for constant vigilance! Good reason to take a stand when police abuse their position to murder innocent people!

But I don’t see issues of public health and safety to be the right place to make a stand for personal liberty. So yeah I am not, for another example, going to champion this insane notion of some Americans that we all have a right to a maximum kill ratio with an arsenal of automatic weapons.

2 Likes

@Jay313
Assuming this is a serious question, it means that your judgment that an act or a position is “stupid” may be a judgment that has not considered all the factors and therefore the judgment that something is “stupid” may be wrong.

The possibility exists that you may not be fully capable of judging all actions with 100% accuracy.

And yet those that you call holding “insane notions” might actually realize that one reason for the second amendment is for the protection of citizens from the tyranny of the government. With that as an understanding, the conclusion that some (or even all) of the standard weapons of the government’s military forces should be available to the citizens.

So it may be that what you view as insanity is actually rooted in logic and an understanding of history and the Constitution.

@mitchellmckain

While I believe in some restrictions on the arming of citizens, I may draw the line differently from you. But I do not call those further down the line (in either direction) holders of “insane notions.”

Indeed. I just want to be alive and to make sure others stay alive.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.