Many Worlds Interpretations

Know that for most of us, being coercive to any degree really does mean caring. We’re not always so observant, though. Just enthusiastic. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well if you’re an example of coercive caring I’d say it is a non-issue. But I take your point. Christians do want to share their good news and some are sincere in their concern regarding the perceived consequences. I recognize that many Christians feel charged with spreading the word and I try to be tolerant when it comes up. But I would push back -in a discussion like this- that we all need to adapt to living in a community of diverse values and beliefs, and really none of us should insist that everyone must reconcile with our own. No one wants to be on the receiving end of that . Mutual respect, seeing each other as peers each entitled to stand by their values, is fundamental. Perhaps that is me imposing my values on others?

Well when you’re infused with God what else can you do? Holding it with some humor and perspective like this certainly does help.

1 Like

Absolutely.

Perhaps we all do this without even realizing it. I think that nearly all who share are concerned with the reality of consequences and do so altruistically. There are those who are merely trying to win arguments, but that comes off entirely differently and is probably never confused with sincere sharing.

1 Like

It has been a common rallying cry in the circles I grew up in that those promoting “tolerance” stop being tolerant of those they deem not tolerant enough. :wink:

3 Likes