Leaving a life as a sacrifice for others

Jesus liked children. I can’t imagine that children didn’t like him, and they would not have liked someone as austere as who it seems you are painting him to be, Nick.

Be careful Nick it is complex. I think we are called to live a God centered life which overflows to loving and caring for others.
Are you living to please others?
Are you feeling resentments?
Are you living to please God?
Jesus was kind compassionate and always helping people, but was that his primary purpose in life?

I don’t think that is an accurate description. Jesus did not take up his old life again – not at all. A few appearances to people does not taking up your life again make. Demonstrating that there is a life beyond death, sure. But the way you say it sounds more like a near death experience – and it wasn’t that.

Yeah - I won’t waste any effort defending that phrase I happened to use - indeed it was just me repeating one common way to say it, and I won’t invest a lot of effort into dickering about what a resurrected body must look like, or what must be invested in that particular phrase since I don’t know. (For the record, I do agree with you that it must be a spiritual body, because Paul does insist on that as you’ve pointed out before.)

Shouldnt that be our purpose?As i said before what is the joy in seeing your own people giving to you but not be happy?

No i just dont know what i want to do in life.THat is my last concern though

Well i try to please God .Hes with me so i guess i do

I never said Jesus was always in a sad mood or any of that .Of course there was times he was happy or telling jokes ror etc etc.But the majority of time it is what scripture describes him .Alone and with nowhere to rest his head

1 Like

Great article m.John.But the thing here is i dont try to please other to just seek their approval or something like that .I m not doing that to win the crowd.Im just going trough a proccess i dont like very much so in the end i can help them as they helped me

1 Like

Good article, and I admit I am in the group that tends to want to people please and avoid conflict. The writer is correct in saying that there are some negative repercussions of that, which it has taken me a while to learn and correct.

1 Like

I think it should be a concern, something to pray about.

I think God wants more from you than this.

1 Like

I mean im doing my best in life to be a good christian. What else would God want?

1 Like

Sorry a bit presumptuous of me.

1 Like

It is a life lived by trust, love and obedience to Jesus and the Father. That will manifest in many different ways throughout your life. In reference to our work, Jesus said, “John 6:27 Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. On him God the Father has placed his seal of approval." we work because we are commanded by God to do so, so we can provide for ourselves and others in need as we are able. Our motivation behind our work is love for God and others. If this is our motivation, then whatever honest labor we do will bring glory to God if we do it as if we are serving Jesus. We are told to be content with food and clothing, for our Father knows we have need of these. If we are content with that, then we won’t be lusting after the things and pleasures of this life and we will be at peace. The unbeliever works as if he is the source of his supply to gain the things of this life but we work as unto the Lord and acknowledge that it is the Father that is supplying us with what we need. We use the things of this world but do not abuse them. We do not hoard up for ourselves treasures on this earth for we know this world is passing away, our hope is in the Kingdom of God. With trust in our Father we have the proper attitude about work and the income from it and as we live our lives in step with the nature of the Spirit of God we will bring honor to him.

As we have fellowship with the Father and fill our mind with His word, He will guide us in the way we should go. It is a daily relationship, and His influence in us. Trusting fully in our Father will cause us to do things that are proper and bring honor to Him.

He has provided my family with what we have needed all my married life. I was convicted very early in my Christian life not to borrow for things but to live modestly and save for what I needed. I was living in a three bedroom mobile home I bought for $2400.00 and when we had 5 kids I asked God if we could have a bigger place. I hadn’t made more than $20,000 for many years but was able to save up enough to buy 10 acres. My plans were to move the trailer to the property and add on a room. After I bought the property for $6400.00 God moved on some people without me asking them and they gave me enough money for me to build a 4 bedroom house. I had done a little carpentry before so I went ahead and built the house myself. We were able to move in a month before we had our 6th child. We ended up having 9 children and still live in the same house which we didn’t borrow any of the money for it. I buy older vehicles for cash and we have always had a vehicle to drive.

A couple of years after we move into our house I was able to build a house for a family that was living in a travel trailer with a room added on. I had saved enough money to get it framed up and then a family at church gave me enough money to finish off the inside. They were able to move into a house that didn’t cost them anything. God took care of me and I was able to help take care of another family.

We did not want unbelievers teaching our children so my wife homeschooled all nine of the children, the last one graduated last year. The Father provided for all the expenses in that project.

As with many whose goal is to serve God, He is faithful to provide us with what we need. Peace comes when we trust Him and are content with our needs being meet, anxiousness comes when we don’t put our trust in Him and don’t obey Him and consume on our lusts what He supplies us with.

This is what Paul said in reference to a collection for those in need, 2 Cor 9:6-11

6 Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. 7 Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. 9 As it is written:“He has scattered abroad his gifts to the poor; his righteousness endures forever.” 10 Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. 11 You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.

Give as you are able but make sure you take care of your own. Live modestly, not storing up for yourself treasure on earth. Don’t be anxious about tomorrow. Live godly each moment and put all your trust in the Father for He is the source of all good things. He will provide for you as you live in trust and love for Him. It’s a day by day relationship.

If He gave His Son for us won’t He give us the things that we need. But those who consume His gifts on their own lusts will reap the consequences.

We have been set free to live a life of love of God and our neighbor and Jesus is our Life and the Father is our provider.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.