Jesus Mentions Adam & Eve = Evidence, A "Mistake," Or Accommodation

I don’t know what it means but it is not good to shade the facts to be something other than what they are. The original post said Gen. 2 was Elohim. It isn’t and that is a matter of fact. It is Yahweh Elohim, and that should have been what was said. I happen to think facts matter.

@gbob

There are those who think Yahweh is a binary name for 2 divinities. I tend to agree.

Yahweh is a the extrapolated word from YHWH the tetragrammaton derived from the initials of I am who I am from the encounter at the burning bush. It is nothing more than a written way to express what Hebrew Law dictates is unspeakable, that is the name of God. It might be compared to the modern Acronym. In point of fact, the way to pronounce it has been lost in time, being originally passed down by the High Priests and only spoken within the seclusion of the Holy of Holies.
Both Yahweh and Jehovah are therefore just invented words and not true names at all. It occurs over 1000 times in the Old Testament which some seem to think makes it legitimate, yet that completely misunderstands things. Scripture is about God so how do you talk (or write) about some(thing)one who has no name and distinguish them from any usurping god? YHVW is a marker to indicate who is being talked about. It is a written or literary tool. It is not a name

The key passage is in Exodus when Moses asks “Who shall I say sent me?”

God says two things. “I a who I am” and,
“I am the god of Abraham Isaac and Jacob”. Which is later expanded to
“I am the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, who brought you out of Egypt”
which is a bit of a mouthful to be repeated over 1000 times in Scripture.

God is defined by what He has done or who He has been associated with rather than by a name.

Yahweh has therefore been deemed to mean “Lord” and can therefore be spoken.

Most of the above can be corroborated in Wiki and / or Jewish Websites.( et al)

Richard

1 Like

@RichardG

If the truth was Yahweh = 2 names fused together, then i would certainly favor your last post’s discussion… to keep it to myself.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.