Jesus, love and free will

Because of course child predators have yellow and black stripes.

Isn’t there a bit too much confidence in human judgements in what you say? In a corrupt society people can be convicted for things they did not do. Wouldn’t adding on punishments of your own to such injustice be an example of bullying? And what do you know about the circumstances which had this alleged child predator talking to children? I can well believe that someone wrongly convicted would avoid children for the rest of his life, as sad as that may be, but children can be cruel, can’t they? So let’s add insult to injury and leap to conclusions whenever we can, why don’t we?

For the police they are. People do not change very often. BUT… as police they are restricted to limits of the law with oversight.

…rough waters…

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, I am not one who holds onto past transgressions, but society as a whole does. It is what makes the forgiveness of God so unusual. For Him, it would seem, the past can really be forgotten.

Richard

1 Like

Our ideas about the life after resurrection and especially after the final judgement are (necessarily?) filtered through our culture and experiences of current life. That leads to a diversity of assumptions and pictures about the future life.

We have very limited information in the biblical scriptures and our interpretation of these pieces of information are ‘colored’ because of our background. The cultural background is very old, with ‘christianized’ ideas adopted from Greek philosophy mixed with earlier Hebrew interpretations. Recent interpretations that prevail in countries like USA may make our interpretations even more skewed.

Anyhow, I believe that the new life will be something better than we can even imagine. If it would be just a continuation of the life we live now, that kind of eternity would be a hell for most believers, as you write. I believe that our Father can give us a pleasant surprise in the future, after the resurrection.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.