Is the transhumanist agenda the Christ pathway or the anti Christ pathway?

We are already in a medical arms race where the rich benefit from medical care while the poor die and are maimed by preventable diseases.

Let’s say there was a known mutation that was both safe and conferred malarial resistance in humans. Should we make it available to everyone who lives in areas with endemic malaria? Half a million die each year from malaria, so should we let them choose to get the mutation?

What do you think that has to say about genetic engineering?

1 Like

I agree, and I don’t think they should necessarily be ‘halted’. I am not against technology, I am against it as the only option. I am referring more specifically to our current info/digital age and the poor and even further disenfranchised.

Ah yes this is the end of the age as we transition from Pisces into the golden age of Aquarius. Of course look around you, who cannot see it? Plagues, wars, climate change, famines, financial crisis, over population, pollution. Social unrest and a decaying culture and there are other changes happening to our planet and solar system. Science will not save you.

There is nothing new under the Sun.

LOL!
Takes me back to ***The 5th Dimension Band" and their 1969 song: “The Age of Aquarius”.

• Of course it won’t. But somebody long before you and I said that and, as Peter told the Jewish elders: “'There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” (Acts 4:12).
  • My confidence is in Jesus Christ, not astrology or science.
  • But technology is a comfort in my old age.

You’re going to have to do better than that to impress me. Won’t be long before a robot with artificial intelligence replaces you. I’m not worth replacing.

1 Like

Terry, let’s sing along! I have the album from the movie in the ‘70s. (So glad it survived Mike Warnke’s evil influences.) We also sang “Aquarius” in our elementary school choir, so I learned the words.

3 Likes

Ah then you have perfected the art of being useless. A book recommendation of @Kendel’s comes to mind.

2 Likes

Foul! The book is called “How to do Nothing: Resisting the Attention Economy.” It has everything to do with usefulness, just not for someone else’s purposes. :grin:
@Terry_Sampson is not useless. He subverts all forms of coercion through the appearance of uselessness. Which is something quite different. :rofl:

2 Likes

If you put it that way he sounds kinda useful. Can we keep him?

4 Likes

I sure hope so. Think he’ll stay?

3 Likes

Science has nothing to say about treatments for infectious diseases? Really?

What about the plague of smallpox that was ravaging the human population? What happened to that?

4 Likes

Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks. Psalm 137:9

1 Like

I’ve heard of literary, even poetic hyperbole.

Context is important.

2 Likes

FAQ 2:3, 5-7

3 Focus on discussing other people’s ideas, not on evaluating their character, faith, communication style, or perceived “tone.” Please avoid attributing beliefs, motivations, or attitudes to others.

5 Assume legitimate Christian faith on the part of other people, unless they identify otherwise. The purpose of discussions here is not to judge the legitimacy or efficacy of anyone’s faith or lack of faith.

6 Be willing to learn from the perspectives and expertise of others and respect the diversity of your conversation partners. This includes being sensitive to differences in educational backgrounds, faith traditions, cultural contexts, and levels of English language fluency.

7 State your case and then respect other people’s right to agree or disagree. Avoid repeating the same ideas over and over because you have failed to convince everyone to accept your viewpoint.

Quoting biblical curses and insults directed at other Forum participants, no matter how vaugely, is still against the Forum Expectations for Gracious Dialogue.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.