Is the Bible Inspired?

Then I beg your pardon. For the last half of the sentence. The linguistic analysis is still forced. The text describes a myth. The writers knew that of course.

The Bible gives us answers for the questions which science cannot. Which makes looking for science in the Bible rather pointless.

Knowing the ANE background of the OT brings us a better understanding but I don’t think it changes the fundamental message.

Is the Bible inspired? The answer is yes, but people do not agree as to what this means.

I find the best answer in the AME Articles of Religion, which say in part, “the Holy Scriptures contain all things necessary to salvation…” No. 5 of the articles of Religion of the AME Church.

If the information needed for salvation is found in the Bible, then it must be inspired by God. Even so it does not say that we must believe that the universe was created in 6 days to be saved. The Bible is the book of salvation, not science or even morality.

Nor does a sequential reading.

What is “a sequential reading”?

Count to six and then add one. They should be familiar numbers.

Cush does indeed refer to the son of Ham. The Cushites or Kassites originally settled in southwestern Iran. Dominick M’Causland identified the Gihon as the “Gyudes” of the ancients, the modern Karkheh joined by the Kashkan River in the region where the Cushites originally settled. Today this is called Khuzistan, a province in the southwest corner of Iran. Jewish historian Josephus, who lived at the time of Christ, suggested the Gihon may have been the Nile, thus throwing off searches for Eden for 2,000 years.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.