Is God evil for allowing all this pain and suffering exist in this world?

Tim Keller wrote a good book (that’s almost a given ; - ) called Generous Justice: How God’s Grace Makes Us Just that deals with it well.

Well I am certainly not going to agree that my perspective is “skewed,” but I will grant that I came from such a different way of looking at things that it is difficult to make comparisons.

Does your use of the word “godless” refer to any perspective other than fundamentalist Christianity? I was certainly raised quite irreverent and skeptical. It wasn’t atheist but agnostic, where God was simply a big question mark.

I think my parents study of psychology taught them to avoid some parenting mistakes and while I may have embraced Christianity, there is much that I appreciate and emulate in what they did.

Is the “fight to get away” and “feeling betrayed” about their struggle with their own “Christian” worldview or a struggle with the intolerance of their family and community? I would think it is the reactionary perspective which is skewed.

The latter is the hearsay I often encountered.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.