Is creation triune?

@Eddie

I am not stupid and you are not either. I told you why I cited De Trinitate and how I do theology.

If you don’t want to talk theology with me, that is fine, but do not pretend that you did not understand my response.

@fmiddel

Thank you for your response.

I think the problem is that you are looking at the Triune nature of God as a thing, when actually it is more like a “way of being.”

Certainly Creativity is a part of the Triune nature of God. You need to line it up with God the Father/Creator. Then you ask what is the corresponding attribute of God the Son, and I would say Salvation. Then we look to the Spirit and see the corresponding attribute of Regeneration and Providence.

God works in a diversity of ways, but toward a common goal and purpose. God is One, but God is not simple. We need to find the unity of God’s Will and Purpose without being simplistic. We need to understand that God works in various ways without being overly complex or “naturalistic.”

In a real sense we can’t see God, because God is not a thing, God is not local or limited, but God does exist as a Spirit, as Love Who is Real and is evident in what God does, but more explicitly in how God does it.

Generally speaking God does not intervene in God’s world. We would like God to do so, but God does not. I certainly would like to see God stop all the destruction and killing going on in Syria, part of the holy Crescent of the Middle East, but God has not done so, That is our job as God’s people.

I would like God to stop the pollution and climate change that is disrupting agriculture, and causing havoc through out world, But God has not. I would like God the stop the fool who is making a joke of our nation and us as a people, but God has not. I would like God to stop the epidemic of crack, zika, and opioids which is destroying families and people, but God has not.

In my mind and I think in the Bible, this is because God is not unitary or dual, but Triune. God is the Father/Creator. God is the Son, Logos, Savior, God is the Holy Spirit/Love. But God exists as all Three working together to create the world, to maintain the world, and to save the world.

I hope this makes sense to you.

@Eddie

Your response reveals a strange sense of humor or a woefully ignorance of current affairs.

1 Like

@Eddie

Since there is no “claim” concerning Augustine, there can be no evidence to support that non-existent “claim.” Stop playing games.

Occasional veiled references to the disgrace that is He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named (and we aren’t talking about Obama or Voldemort) are allowed in my book. Unless you want to say nice things, in which case, I will definitely delete them out of a sense of moral duty. :confused:

Eddie is correct here. BioLogos does not allow political commentary and Roger has been reprimanded for this before.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.