Intelligent Design

When he says he hadn’t even heard of ID 11 years ago, and he also says that over ten years ago he was discussing ID with some of the leaders of the movement, that’s a contradiction. This isn’t about what he has done since, it’s about the fact that he made two contradictory statements about what he did eleven years ago.

I agree entirely. If they just acknowledged it was a theological response to secular science, like YEC, that would be perfectly ok.

He isn’t doing any of the kind. On the contrary, he is appealing to the expertise of others, not his own judgment. This is simply your mischaracterization of what he wrote, the same trick you’ve pulled many times on other people.

That is not what I said. Once again you are changing the subject. The contradiction in your words was that you claimed that 11 years ago you hadn’t even heard of ID, but you also claimed that over ten years ago you were discussing ID with some of its leaders. You can’t have it both ways.

It isn’t useless when he is still promoting those views, and other ID proponents are also promoting those views. The Disco Institute is a case in point.

A cautionary tale indeed.

1 Like

Dr. Swamidass,

I wish you could be the president of BioLogos! You know your stuff, and you are willing to interact with forum participants.

2 Likes

Deb is a much better president than I would ever be. I am very grateful she is running the show, not me. And as for posting, I am taking a break for a bit. Real life calls. =)

2 Likes

Well, I hope you’ll be back often. I’ve enjoyed your contributions here. Thank you.

1 Like

I’ve decided to close this thread. Conversations can continue on other threads, if desired.

2 Likes