In The Beginning God

Thank you for your response.

Although I feel a little guilty for continuing this conversation after I advised you not to, you asked for it.

@Dale @Bill_II @Terry_Sampson

Here is why you need to know and understand your Bible, esp. the New Testament.
John 5:16-18 (NIV2011)
16 So, because Jesus was doing these things on the Sabbath, the Jewish leaders began to persecute him.
17 In his defense Jesus said to them, “My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working.”
18 For this reason they tried all the more to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

Jesus healed man on the Sabbath. His critics said He broke the Law, because the Law says we must rest from work on the Sabbath because God rested on the Sabbath and healing is work.

Jesus responded that it was untrue that God the Father rested on the seventh day. He said that God the Father has never rested from work and neither has God the Son. God the Father being almighty would never need to rest. Jesus thus uncoupled the Sabbath from Creation. As it happens the second version of the Decalogue does not use the Sabbath to justify the Sabbath. See Deut. 5;12-15.

If Creation is a continuous task as Jesus seems to be saying, and John 1:1 -3.confirms, then evolution seems to fit the situation better than YEC and OEC.

It is clear that the 6 days of creation are the result of desire to set the 7th day off as the Sabbath by the Priestly Editor of the Torah. If the Sabbath were really imbedded in creation, then Christians would be obligated to observe it and we do not.

What? No mention of the limits set on rule-making for us Gentiles by Acts 15:23-29?

Why are you complaining to me? ; - ) Did I address you?

A. Wow! I ask a question, and you ask me why I’m complaining to you. Back at’cha.
B. If you didn’t address me, either your doppelgänger did or I haven’t addressed you and am not addressing you now.

Ooh, so sorry! Can you ever forgive me. ; - )

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.