If vaccine is God's gift, is Covid-19 divine punishment?

Can you explain that? Because I see no sens in this words, not with my knowledge of OT. For me it is akin to Islam claim that Jesus was a Muslim and teach Islam, only latter his message was corrupted by saint Paul and similar people. But, is this more than wishful thinking?

1 Like

The OT has nothing to do with Him. He has everything to do with it. Even if He was God incarnate. He projected Himself back on to the OT, on to post-Exilic Second Temple Messianism. After projecting it on to Himself. It is entirely wishful thinking to suggest otherwise as there is nothing overtly supernatural about the OT. The OT doesn’t prove Jesus and He doesn’t prove it. Which does NOT mean that He wasn’t God incarnate. It means that if He was and He believed what He was saying, He was right for the wrong reason.

What is just Biblical faith here? The pope’s logic?

It’s true that they blamed the plague on Jews. This is not an argument, just a fact.

1 Like

And interesting article by Roger Olson:

In it he discusses our “bondage to decay” as related to how he sees the fall due to sin.

That’s a shame. I like old Roger.

I assume you are referring to his view of “the fall” but think while he perhaps does not reject it wholeheartedly like you, his view is more nuanced than many. In any case, his urging pastors and leaders to do the right thing in regard to Covid and his attitude towards science and faith is encouraging.

Aye. The Fall is the problem. I’ve always rated old Roger. But you can’t have everything. Well you can, but only beyond him : )

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.