Humor in Science and Theology

Interesting. Didn’t know he had other books though of course he must. Honestly I’ve really lost interest after watching the series play out. Not sure I’ll read the book if an when, but please let me know if you do and find it epic.

1 Like

10 Likes

4 Likes

That is so 2020. :grin:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Thanks for writing in. This cartoon so badly misrepresents biblical creationists that it’s hardly worth a refutation.

To give just one example: he has the YEC citing Romans 5:12 as evidence there was no animal death before the Fall, and then cites one of our articles as an example of this argument: The carnivorous nature and suffering of animals. The problem? You won’t find a single reference to Romans 5:12 in the entire article! The article makes the case for no carnivory before the Fall from Romans 8:18-23 (on which, see Cosmic and universal death from Adam's fall: an exegesis of Romans 8:19-23a) and Genesis 1:29-30. And the article deals with verses like Psalm 104:21, 24 that refer to animal carnivory as God-given (basically, these passages were written in a post-Fall perspective, and God still provides for his creatures, even through carnivory). The article doesn’t even focus on animal death (on which please see Pre-fall animal death; that issue is a little more complicated than it might at first seem) but on animal suffering and carnivory .

The rest of it is standard nonsense from the likes of Hugh Ross that we’ve dealt with many times on creation.com. We even have a book that deals with practically all these polemical failures: Refuting Compromise .

Kind regards,

Shaun Doyle

Creation Ministries International

Perspective… enabling causal drinking for the last 66 million years. :joy:

1 Like

So will you be posting single , specific topic threads in the forums to be debated? Though I get the irony of posting it in this thread, things can’t be debated in this thread. Or rather are not suppose to.

I obviously think literal creationism is silly, but I enjoy discussions on it anyways. From scientific and literary ( biblical hermeneutics ) sides.

1 Like

On a similar note (I’m old):

2 Likes

Free health care, free room and board. Hum…

2 Likes

I hear the mattresses don’t measure up and the room service is dismal.

2 Likes

Several years back, a local dairy farmer came out to find all the cows in a corner of the field. The cows were puzzled, looking at a parrot that was talking to them.

1 Like

Whaaaat? image

Call me uncultured and not up with the times, but I don’t get it. :slight_smile: Thanks

2 Likes

Me two. Whoosh. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

But your photo reminds me of this :grin::

5 Likes

I believe it was a reference to a previous post here about how a parrot almost got me shot because I thought I was invited into a house.

But it was a parrot saying come in and hello. So I entered, thinking it must have been one of my cousins housemates but instead I had a gun pointed at me because the only human there woke up to me coming in.

2 Likes

Ah, the parrot called the cows to the corner, or they went to the corner because the parrot was talking, and were puzzled?

Yes I believe so. Or at least it flew there while they were crowded and was talking to them.

1 Like

Jokes are so much funnier when they have to be explained. :grin:

3 Likes

I don’t think it was intended as a joke just a reference to a previous story.

1 Like