Humor in Science and Theology

4/27/22 The New Yorker Daily Cartoon

3 Likes

Or maybe, โ€œdesign with the potential for a kazoo and waterproofing within this fowl kind.โ€

2 Likes

Itโ€™s cool though. Once I get my garden you and going itโ€™s going to be centered around horned gods xd. Mostly the โ€œgreen man โ€œ and Pan.

1 Like

When I say citation needed this is what Iโ€™m looking for:

Accio, Phil. (1 April, 69 BCE). Scary and misleading article title. ๐˜™๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜๐˜ฏ๐˜ง๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜Š๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฌ-๐˜‰๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜›๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฃ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ. IrrefutableEvidence.com

Brain, P. (2020). โ€œWhy do critical thinkers keep asking me for empirical evidence?โ€ ๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜š๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช-๐˜˜๐˜ถ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜‘๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ญ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜™๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜บ-๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜—๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ถ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ค๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ. (Volume: โˆš-1 ) Issue: โˆ…. doi: 01100110 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110111 01110011

Cranium, Richard. (2020). โ€œThe first sketchy article I found that agrees with me.โ€ ๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜‘๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ญ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜Ž๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜จ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜‰๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜š๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ต. doi: 01000100 01100101 01110010 01110000

Gallup, Gish (2021). โ€œBut have you considered the following 103 ridiculous arguments that are individually easy to refute, but in total, will utterly exhaust you? And if you donโ€™t immediately respond to all of them that obviously means Iโ€™m right.โ€ ๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜‘๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ญ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜›๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ณ ๐˜‹๐˜ฆ๐˜ฃ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฆ ๐˜›๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ด. (Volume: all of them). Issues: all of them. Pages: all of them.

Hoff, Jack (sometime in the late Holocene). โ€œAnything that disagrees with my conspiracy theory is part of the conspiracy.โ€ ๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜‘๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ญ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง โ€˜๐˜‹๐˜ฐ ๐˜ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜–๐˜ธ๐˜ฏ ๐˜™๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ค๐˜ฉโ€™ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜–๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜›๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด. doi: I.will.not.provide.one/001

Huckster, Ima (2020). ๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜Š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ ๐˜‰๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ˆ๐˜ณ๐˜จ๐˜ถ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜Œ๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ-๐˜‰๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜—๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜–๐˜ฏ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ. Chapter: โ€œJust call them all shills.โ€ Editor: Watson Ed Eter. By Haranguing Publishers Inc. Idiotville, Oregon.

Keyrear, Lee (2012). โ€œHere is a credible study I have access to, but if I read it, I would know it does not actually support my claim.โ€ ๐ฝ๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘Ÿ๐‘›๐‘Ž๐‘™ ๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ ๐ฟ๐‘Ž๐‘ง๐‘ฆ ๐‘†๐‘๐‘–๐‘œ๐‘™๐‘–๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘ . (Volume: ?) Issue: ?, pages: I didnโ€™t read any. url: literally.copy.pasted.the.first.study.and.hoped.for.the.best.org

Rasch, Dick. (Feb 30, 2020). โ€œExposing The Elitist Global Coverup That Failed to Delete This From Google.โ€ ๐˜‹๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฑ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ-๐˜๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜”๐˜ข๐˜จ๐˜ข๐˜ป๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ. doi: 01100110 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110111 01110011

SCHร–NN, ANITA TUNN (1950). โ€œHOW TO DERAIL THE CONVERSATION BY MISINTERPRETING A WELL-EXPLAINED ARGUMENT AND THEN FOCUS ON SOME DIFFERENT TOPIC AFTER THEY CORRECT YOU. โ€๐™๐™ƒ๐™€ ๐˜ผ๐™‡๐™‡ ๐˜พ๐˜ผ๐™‹๐™Ž ๐™…๐™Š๐™๐™๐™‰๐˜ผ๐™‡ ๐™๐™Š๐™ ๐˜ผ๐™‚๐™‚๐™๐™€๐™Ž๐™Ž๐™„๐™‘๐™€ ๐™„๐™‚๐™‰๐™Š๐™๐˜ผ๐™‰๐˜พ๐™€. (VOLUME: ๐‘ฌ๐‘ฟ๐‘ป๐‘น๐‘จ LOUD). ISSUES: PLENTY.

Tayto, P. (just now). โ€œHa ha, I am moving the goalpost.โ€ I Just Do Knot Want Two Be Wrong and Am Now Resorting to Rectally-Sourced Ideas.

Uncle, Your (The 4th Thursday of every November). โ€œA drunken (and slightly bigoted) diatribe that egregiously oversimplifies a complicated issue that has been around for decades, but somehow blames it on the newest generation.โ€๐˜œ๐˜ญ๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฑ๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜—๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฅ๐˜ถ๐˜ค๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด.

11 Likes

Iโ€™m sorry. I have been popping in and out less often and must have missed whatever it was you were asking about.

I just dare anyone here to actually succeed to any degree, reading this out loud to the teenagers in your home โ€” like I just did. We have a whole new perspective on research now. Thank you.
Really nice dose of endorphins.

5 Likes

Boy, doesnโ€™t that nail it!

Lol. I just now read them. It popped up earlier and for some reason I thought it was in a different forum and I thought I was being admonished or something about not citing something. I looked at it for like 3 seconds and got in the shower.

3 Likes

5 Likes

A gargoyle is a carved monster that serves as a water spout. You often see them on Cathedrals.
This one sports a grass wig.
#incrediblehulk

6 Likes

Itโ€™s definitely goth! (But I thought they mostly did black.)

2 Likes

Perhaps itโ€™s the โ€œBoris Johnsonโ€ look - or alternatively: the โ€œUncle Andrewโ€ look for those whoโ€™ve read the Magicianโ€™s Nephew.

9 Likes

I actually think that itโ€™s the result of the sons of God intermarrying with the daughters of men. Weโ€™ll see what 23andme has to say.

images

I am the asparagus

Been working out, eh?

1 Like

And turning green!

1 Like

Must be those chlorophyl supplements from GNC working overtime! Significantly greener skin-tone and more structural mass in just 10 days!

1 Like

7 Likes

I saw this at the book store today, and thought of you, @LM77.

I also remembered a book my youngest daughter and I have had some real fun with. All of the poems are from a bug-eye view. Theyโ€™re written for two readers to perform together, which takes practice and is a lot of fun.

51VHukvA4bL.SX331_BO1,204,203,200

4 Likes

Please tell me he didnโ€™t actually say this