Humor in Science and Theology

1 Like

Microplastics really are a serious problem. Almost all plastics are a serious problem, in fact.

1 Like

Had such a giggle catching up on all the posts I’ve missed. Still the best thread on the internet. :nerd_face: :rofl:

6 Likes

No wonder the Trads are angry

Ok, I had to look this up as I’m one of the uncool guys who doesn’t know most jargon:

–“weeb” apparently makes fun of people who are inordinately fond of Japanese culture
–“trad”–I’m guessing–is a traditional Catholic?

I kind of got this one, too.

3 Likes

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! That’s hilarious!

1 Like

2 Likes

ps

There’s a decent chance that someone out there has promoted this:
xkcd: Rest and Fluids

5 Likes

Or as one of my relatives once said, “God is neat, let’s eat.”

Did someone post this meme already?

At school my boys were taught ‘munch, crunch, munch, crunch, thank you God for our lunch”!

1 Like

That’s pretty good!

I remember one Bible college who required students say grace:

“Graaaaace. Amen”

1 Like

My grandpa loved short prayers, too. After visiting Poland, he came back and said he’d learned a new one. He stood up, crossed himself, and we ate!

1 Like

“Rub a dub dub, Thanks for the grub”

2 Likes

We’ve got a Hook fan!

1 Like

This is a pretty funny anecdote from a while ago, so I guess it fits here:

So at my old church, we bought this really goofy poster depicting an angry Satan that said something along the lines of “prayers make the Devil cry” to hang up in the youth group room. For whatever reasons we didn’t use enough tape or tacks to properly display it, so the thing kept rolling in on itself; eventually we just threw up our hands and went about our business. So there we were, talking about Christ and His Temptation in the Desert, and how Satan was a deceiver and a liar, just really going at it, when all of the sudden the poster inexplicably unrolls itself, Satan now grimacing with a single tear rolling down his face like Kenshiro. The room went dead silent!

3 Likes

7 Likes

images (74)

1 Like