Humor in Science and Theology

…especially if he puts up much resistance.

9 Likes

Opinion is polarized.

7 Likes

12 Likes

5 Likes

Warning high levels of sarcasm detected in this area…

Someone needs to tell this Nathan Monk fella about a newfangled literary genre called poetry. I hear in poetry people can ask rhetorical questions to prompt their reader/listener to reflect on an emotional level. Some trendsetters are even putting it to music and calling their poems ‘lyrics’. Probably won’t catch on though… :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Do you mean literary?

2 Likes

Yes, yes I did. Autocorrect… what can you do?

2 Likes

Proofread. 

Before anyone gets triggered, realize that every bit of the Hail Mary is from Scripture

5 Likes

I shared that with my devout Catholic partners, and they loved it, a few weeks ago

2 Likes

I run into that a lot in medical dictations. My paired nurse and other staff have fits reading my dictations. This is typical, if I don’t catch the errors first.
Funny Translations from Voice Recognition Software | Reader’s Digest (rd.com)

Some voice recognitions are programmed to translate acronyms to certain things. For example, “ED” means not “erectile dysfunction,” but “emergency department.” Occasionally, you’ll find a complaint of a “nice man who suffers from emergency department.”

4 Likes

Oh of course, that’s where I’ve been going wrong all this time. Well my face is red! :crazy_face:

Anyway, thanks for pointing out the typo. Really appreciate you taking the time. It reads much better now. :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Loved this. Had my wife and I in stitches. :joy:

2 Likes

9 Likes

Can I see some hands? Who else tried to like that response?

1 Like

I have to show my dad this

1 Like

8 Likes

GUIDELINES FOR FEMALE PROTAGONISTS IN HALLMARK CHRISTMAS MOVIES

by MADELEINE TREBENSKI

3 Likes

It sometimes bothers me too. I mostly get bothered by the fact that my phone constantly changed entomology to etymology. Every time I have to back space and fix. It does it with lots of weird words. Some don’t even make sense. Like homicide gets changed into homocide. Lust gets changed to love. Fig gets changed to dig.

3 Likes

9 Likes