Humor in Science and Theology

Our Lady of the Holler, Slayer of Jolene, Mother of Butterflies, patron saint of birthing mothers, champion of literacy, teacher of children, Her Royal Majesty Queen Dolly, First of Her Name.

ALL HAIL THE QUEEN, LONG MAY SHE REIGN.

(Art work done by Astrosperma aka Stacie E Williams)

2 Likes

9 Likes

A new monk arrived at the monastery. He was assigned to help the other monks in copying the old texts by hand. He noticed, however, that they were copying copies, not the original books. The new monk went to the head monk to ask him about this. He pointed out that if there were an error in the first copy, that error would be continued in all of the other copies.

The head monk said, “We have been copying from the copies for centuries, but you make a good point, my son.” The head monk went down into the cellar with one of the copies to check it against the original.

Hours later, nobody had seen him, so one of the monks went downstairs to look for him. He heard a sobbing coming from the back of the cellar and found the old monk leaning over one of the original books, crying. He asked what was wrong.

"The word is ‘celebrate’ " said the head monk.

9 Likes

But if you’re Deb Haarsma, you can say both.

6 Likes

6 Likes

This ain’t particully scientific an’ all, but it did come up in a 'nother conversation, “when i drive and type”

5 Likes

5 Likes

Jerry Falwell and Friends (admit it, you laughed)

1 Like

4 Likes

Let me ask you something where did the Big Dipper and Little Dipper and o Ryan’s belt come from?

Funny thing was our calendar was based of off venues odd to no that or what to look for in
BC times oddly it’s more accurate than today’s time leap year and day light savings time hasn’t started yet which we just canceled last year odd?

3 Likes

Once while on vacation we saw a truck with six or eight of those (not on fire :slightly_smiling_face:). My son said “Look, a porta-potty party-pak!”

3 Likes

3 Likes

6 Likes

3 Likes

Too true.  

1 Like

5 Likes

1 Like

5 Likes