Humor in Science and Theology

Let me know if that works, Dale! I’ll want the recipe.

3 Likes

Hey, it worked for my mother with avocado pits.

3 Likes

1 Like

Well, the collection of live-stream church blooper reels has begun:

6 Likes

It’s the paper industry’s fault that toilet paper is scarce! They’re coverting it! Could they please overt some!! :grin:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Churches still meeting derided in the media

I bet Charmin is now regretting all the money they spent on those obnoxious Spotify ads.

1 Like

An example of what happens when scientists get bored during social distancing. The photo of the hospital report is pretty funny. Be safe if you feel the urge to invent stuff, folks.

3 Likes

Dunning-Kruger can evidently apply to astrophysics experts,too.

God has a sense of humor and this proves it i swear XD

1 Like

I’ve seen people advocating the Vulcan greeting as the new handshake. Does anyone actually do this regularly? I’ve always been leery of handshakes during cold and flu season even though I do it to be polite, so I wonder whether this outbreak will permanently change the way we (or some of us) greet each other.

We kinda like the formal, slight, “Japanese bow” as a greeting. Or at least I imagine it to be something like that … I’m sure there is much more nuance I don’t know about to make it qualify for their culture. But hands flat together pointing up, and slight bow. Seems to me to be formal, and respectful in a pleasing way.

2 Likes

I think the trick is to bow a little less deeply than the other guy … unless you’re a good Christian in which case you make sure to bow deeper. :wink:

1 Like

I have tended to just hold up a hand as a sort of long distance high five. Sometimes you can slap your leg with the other hand in concert with the other person to evolk the sound of a wireless high five, or a “Wi-Five.”

Anyway, a cartoon:

3 Likes

The Upper Zoom

11 Likes

If you eliminate the hands, are you left with the “Bro head nod”?

Ohhh! You’re making me feel all hip now!

While out walking my two dogs on leash someone sitting on a lawn with his dog gave me a little wave. Looking out over my mask I gave the kind of nod I would’ve when I was riding motorcycle. When your hands are otherwise occupied and your face is obscured, you don’t have a whole lot more to choose from. I could have bowed or curtsied if my younger one wasn’t so unaccustomed to being on leash; that little guy is strong.

I guess the other five disciples were all having wifi connectivity issues at the time?

1 Like

Church of the False Shepherd…

5 Likes