Humor in Science and Theology

Those are similar to many of the messages from Demotivators® - The World’s Best Demotivational Posters - Despair, Inc., a company founded and run by some of my uncle’s friends from college.

I would guess that among the more theologically relevant is this:

4 Likes

New to me. I just saw these posted on another forum. Not bad.

3 Likes

Yeah, they’re great – my older son introduced me when he was in college, three decades ago.

2 Likes

Judging from the pyramid in the photo, position of the star, the “sacrifice” in question is literal, not figurative as in “she put her whole heart into this project.” The demotivation here is that working for this company demands human sacrifice!! Rite of Spring style. A la the Lottery.

I think some work places feel just like that.

3 Likes

(should have been in Pithy quotes–moving :)) sorry!

1 Like

Well, when I saw this gem on Facebook (thanks @Christy) , I had hoped to share it with @LM77 over in the Arts and Literature tread, but it is now closed. : (
So I will put it here.

10 Likes

Thanks, @Kendel and @Christy --I have never seen my son laugh as hard at a meme!

2 Likes

Ha! :grin:  

I went looking for a limerick involving a young man from Cork and found this cautionary limerick:

The limerick packs laughs anatomical
Into space that is quite economical.
But the good ones I’ve seen
So seldom are clean
And the clean ones so seldom are comical

This next one walks right up to but does not cross that line, at least by biblical standards:

There was a young lass of Madras
Who had a magnificent ass
Not rounded and pink
As you’d probably think
But was grey, had long ears, and ate grass.

These and more which are both more anatomical and comical found here:

Beware especially the one involving Bruno and also the one with Sally.

2 Likes

Your young lass from Madras reminds me of another bible punchline that actually isn’t in the Bible…at least not that I could find.

Who is the most flexible man in the Bible?

Moses. He tied his ass to a tree and walked 40 miles.

4 Likes

I still like the one in my dictionary at work before I retired, cited earlier.

7 Likes

The Pun-Dementals: Biblical Limericks, from Verse to Bad - David C. Campbell, Timothy D. Campbell - Google Books will keep you supplied with biblical limericks for a while, despite aiming for both clean and comical.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Oh my goodness! Your family does EVERYTHING!

2 Likes

This is awesome! My family love limericks and puns, and combining them with clean and Bible makes it even better! I’m sharing this with them and also my brothers in law.
Thanks.
Randy

4 Likes

Can’t remember if I’ve ever put this one up here before…

8 Likes

The answer the next graduation candidate is looking for, by the way, is Cave Johnson. Just in case any of you aren’t up to Wilmot High graduation standards!

5 Likes

(Shouldn’t there be some kind of credit to Acme Corp.? ; - )

9 Likes

Outstanding idea! Getting the engineering-bound students writing!
However, essay questions should be testing the students’ grasp of the taught material and skills being developed, rather than be sprung on students out of the blue. So, Mr. Bitikofer, you have obviously been teaching or working in conjunction with a social science teacher and history teacher, who have been helping students see the real-world application of these math concepts.
I love the ways that creative teachers work together to integrate subjects so that students learn to look at the world as a whole rather than a collection of isolated ideas.

2 Likes