How Would You Respond To This?

Abortion is not an appropriate subject of discussion at BioLogos. Posts about that subject have been deleted.

looks like mentioning the a-word is a nono for biologicians which is why I said to the chap he should start a new thread if he wanted to debate that. The relevance to the discussion was in time element of the creation of the human being, e.g. if you are created at the beginning or if you are created once finished. As such one should consider the narrative of creation to convey the information of events having happened in sequence as apart from creation in an instant one could as well ask for why not humans before anything else. After all he should not need to worry about sequence if he is so omnipotent that he can ignore his own rules. I would call that impotent if you can’t follow your own will but to those who think the bible describes God sitting by the riverbank making mudpie humans and having a day off logic is probably the last thing on their mind. If the logic rule behind evolution is “to love thy neighbour” it will automatically finetune for existential stability and create further complexity, being a creative, not a reductive rule, creating systems with the ability to support more complex systems. Apparently the model Adam and Eve found aproval. But was that process rule designed or did it evolve and does it’s understanding make us responsible to follow it

1 Like

@Everyone,

I will simply say that God could have used any theistic means to create. I believe that the scientific evidence indicates that the universe is extremely old. Is it evolutionary creation or progressive creation that was used? It could be either way. In any case, God was involved. From nothing comes nothing. 0 + 0 = 0 and Something + 0 = something. Can nothing create something? No. Just as time seems to be eternal, there must be a Being that is more than time. God created everything in some manner, and it is up to science to determine what method was used.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.