How would you live differently if your view of the age of the earth turned out to be wrong?

What does my ignorance about science have to do with my willingness to accept at face value the claims of YEC’s to be embracing the Bible and science just as I accept the claims of EC’s to be embracing the Bible and science?

It means you are unable to evaluate their claims to be embracing the Bible and science. You can repeat their claims, and you can accept them, but you are not in a position to dispute others who don’t accept their claims.

3 Likes

Yes, that’s right. I am unable to scientifically evaluate anyone’s scientific claims - yours or theirs.

Sure. But I didn’t. Evaluated in the paragraph in which you wrote your sentence, your sentence was false. I think it’s entirely fair to point that out.[quote=“Mike_Gantt, post:96, topic:36307”]
Please elaborate on your view of what Jesus was doing in Matthew 5:38 so that we can see if it is more faithful to Him and to the text than I am being.
[/quote]
I’m not advancing any view of what Jesus was doing, other than the (pretty obvious) view that he was quoting the scripture in question.

2 Likes

In that case, would it not make sense to agree with what 99% of scientists agree with?

1 Like

As I’ve been saying from the beginning, I almost always do! The problem here is the biblical obstacles, two of which I described in the OP of this thread.

@Mike_Gantt

How is it that you - - so suddenly - - consider yourself sufficiently tutored in scientific principles that you think AiG or RTB have any kind of reliable science at all?

You have already impugned any of the efforts of these groups - - when you say forthrightly that Geological Evidence is large and convincing - - if it weren’t contrary to your interpretation of the Bible. Your repeated comments have made a tantamount acknowledgment that Geology is the proxy king of the “science hill”

1 Like

It is precisely because I am untutored in science that I am unable to see, as you would have me see, the unreliability of their science. Similarly, I cannot tell the difference between a good mortician and a bad mortician - and the more they want to show me their work for purposes of comparison the more uncomfortable I become.

I wouldn’t say “impugned,” but I do say that they are a distinct minority among those speaking science on the subject, and that if the Bible were not involved I cannot see any other reason not to side with the majority.

1 Like

@Mike_Gantt

That’s a pretty good answer.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.