Hope for a dying planet awash in plastic

Missy Elliot was ahead of the times:

2 Likes

And what is this?

Missy Elliot saw the wisdom of your argument and replaced her cotton clothing with plastic bags.

I wasn’t arguing against cotton.

It does make you wonder, much of our clothing these days is a form of plastic: polyester, spandex, nylon, etc., so how much of the microplastics are clothing and fabric fibers? Technically, they call anything less than 2mm a microplastic, but in the body, I would the think the micro-microplastics would be of greatest concern.

1 Like

I’m not sure if peanut butter in glass is available in the local stores. I haven’t paid close attention (nor, for that matter, have I looked at the peanut butter section in a few months).

Technically . . . DNA/RNA are polymers just like plastic, so our cells are already loaded with microplastics.

Yes, I believe much of microplastic pollution comes from textile fibers being dried in the dryer. I always hang-dry my fleece wear. I’m interested in getting one of those things you put in the dryer to catch the fibers. Maybe there will be regulations concerning dryers in the future.

1 Like

Spaghetti sauce jars?

I have sleep apnea and must use a CPAP machine at night. That includes a mask, made out of silicone. So I’m assuming it’s safe.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.