Homo sapien as subspecies?

Also to quote the other study you linked from their abstract.

“ Here, we show that Neanderthal DNA affects skin tone and hair color, height, sleeping patterns, mood, and smoking status in present-day Europeans.”

So back to my original OP what I asked was did these ancient crossbreeding between various human species translate to physical features of today and it seems to be a yes. Obviously more than just genes played a part. Such as climate. That goes without saying based just off of things like vitamin d and skin tone absorption and even calcium and our bones structure. Dr. Michael Holick wrote a great book that touches on those subject. So even if it’s not the sole drive, which I never actually made anyways, it seems to be a contender for one of the more influential links.

Though I hope some discussion can continue, I feel like with the few extra studies I never came across before, and hours of thinking in it today while going through work, the overall direction this conversation has sent me was to simply be more affirming in what I was suspecting. I know not all came to those conclusions but again, thanks for the discussion.

Knew of a guy who was not allowed into Apartheid South Africa for filling the immigration form race section with ‘Egg and spoon’.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.