Have you seen the "Easter is a pagan holiday" meme?

You have to meet with Willy Wonka by going on a pilgrimage to Hershey in Pennsylvania

It was our theology class at church.

2 Likes

Do you mean “time-traveling anti-Catholic Protestant liars”?

I don’t think there were any Protestants in the 6th century.

AHHH! Because of course the holiday of Easter began in ENGLAND! RIGHT! Why didn’t I think of that?

And when history doesn’t back you up NO PROBLEM just push your claims back to prehistory and then you can claim anything you want without a shred of evidence to get in your way… because course you have no need whatsoever for evidence to support your own claims.
(sarcasm font)

T… picking a fight with me makes no sense whatsoever. It doesn’t bother me if Easter really had pagan origins. I would love that to be the truth. But you haven’t done squat to challenge the person who has debunked this claim. And so, as much as I would like to find that you are right… I am seeing no objective basis for doing so.

What about countries that call Easter Pascua? Does that mean that Easter is a Jewish holiday for them?

Ah, the History Channel, with their show about ancient aliens visiting earth multiple times.
History Channel: Ancient Aliens

Sounds legit

The way Easter is celebrated in the Protestant-secular West is primarily a fertility rite, the rites of spring, which are pre-historic. The fact that Jesus was murdered on Nisan - green ears - 14th makes it all blur.

Speaking of which, have you seen the documentary response to Ancient Aliens featuring Michael Heiser? It’s up on YouTube if you’re interested.

[quote=“Klax, post:28, topic:48737”]
The way Easter is celebrated in the Protestant-secular West is primarily a fertility rite, the rites of spring, which are pre-historic.[/quote]

Irrelevant. But the Easter Parade down 5th Avenue–that’s really a hoot!

Thanks but no thanks. I don’t believe in that kind of thing.

1 Like

Don’t worry. Michael Heiser doesn’t believe in Ancient Aliens either, so it’s not pro-conspiracy.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.