Has the Bible ever been edited, changed, or had parts added/removed?

Why are you asking? You correct, dispute, or ignore every answer I offer.

Of course you do, and yet you persist in asking for my attention, … which I find bizarre.

So, there’s a law that requires discussion with you upon demand?

I wouldn’t dream of trying and doubt it’s possible. Neither do I think simply telling you that I don’t like your questions, much less your answers to your questions, will persuade you to direct your questions and answers to someone who is interested in them.

1 Like

I don’t want your attention at all.

The thing is, I offer my opinions, as does everybody else here. And I often don’t agree with you; that is true. But take a look at the other discussions on this forum. You will find lots of people in sharp disagreement with each other. That is the nature of discussions. Perhaps having your own blog would be more your style. You would have more control over comments.

No, of course not.

You can’t stop me or anyone else for that matter from replying to you.

With regard to us being “a people of the book” or then with the even larger question of … so what does our culture consider canonical in general? – here is a recent Jordan Peterson video where he actually speaks to much of that in interesting ways. For those who don’t have the entire hour to spend but are still interested, It’s about 30 to 35 minutes in where he generally swings around to the topic of culture and canon.

1 Like

Just thought I’d add that although I understand the term and frequently hear it, I don’t consider Christians to be “people of the book” but rather “people of the person”, i.e. Jesus. I do not “follow the bible”, I follow Jesus. Jesus himself is the inerrant Word of God (not the bible–it never claims perfection for itself). The Great Commission In Matthew says that all authority belongs to Jesus (not a book) and we are to teach others to follow him (not to follow whatever random text we may extract from the bible). Yes, one reads scripture to learn about Jesus, but the stated purpose of scripture is to point to Jesus so that one can turn and have a direct relationship with him. I consider Muslims to be “People of the Book”, though.

4 Likes

Totally with you in all that! Though I would also defer to individual Muslims themselves - it would be interesting to hear how many of them would “own” the said label for themselves, though I have no stake in that game either way.

But I, along with you, definitely identify as being “of Christ” rather than being “of the book” - as important as that library of books in the canon is to me to help me understand who Christ is.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.