Has anyone tried the OpenAI ChatGPT?

The writer of the article certainly does. At best it’s a 1 second jump on the person exercising the motor control to push a button.

Even you have to admire what the writer means by consciously declared.

What happens if the person makes a split second decision? Like playing with the AI chatbot, I’d like to give one of these experiments a try.

They were talking about a different experiment.

That’s what happened in the experiment.

The subject was to select an image, register that they made a decision by pressing a button, and then visualize the image for 10 seconds.

So the writer of the article says the scientists predicted the decision by up to 11 seconds before the decision was consciously declared.

What happens if the subject doesn’t press the button and changes their mind and then changes it again. In theory the subject should be able to see what they are thinking on the screen.

Let’s do it!

I’d love to see how it plays into bandwidth issues humans have processing data

Transhuman evolution :sunglasses:

Getting back to ChatGPT… At least when I tried questions where it gave me error messages last week it didn’t today:

1 Like

Sometimes I found I needed to refresh the screen if I got an error message. Usually happened if I was trying to change the subject.

• Likewise … Previously I said ChatGBT failed or willfully refused :laughing: to answer several versions of an inquiry. A couple of days later, I asked the same variant questions again, and received intelligible replies. My confidence in “the bugger” increased.
1 Like

I tried it as a fresh query and still got the error message.

I am now smarter than I was and at least as smart my whizz-nephews.

1 Like

I tried starting a new query, but refreshing the page is what got me reconnected.

Y’all are using it for very different reasons than me xd .

This is a copy and paste of my time.

Here’s a possible recipe for spruce cookies written as a rhyme by a Bigfoot:

Gather 'round, my Bigfoot kin,
For a treat that’s sure to win.
A cookie made with spruce, you see,
Is a delight for you and me.

Here’s what you’ll need to make them right:

2 cups of flour, sifted just right
1 tsp of baking powder, light
1/2 tsp of salt, not too tight
1 cup of butter, soft and bright
1 cup of sugar, granulated might
2 eggs, beaten to a lofty height
1 tsp of vanilla, sweet and bright
2 tbsp of spruce needles, minced with might
Here’s what you’ll do, it’s quite a sight:

Preheat your oven, to 375, alright?
In a bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt, with all your might.
In another bowl, cream together butter and sugar, until it’s light.
Add eggs and vanilla, and beat it some more, until it’s quite right.
Gradually add dry ingredients, and mix until just combined, alright?
Fold in spruce needles, and give it a swirl, make sure it’s all well combined.
Drop spoonfuls onto a lined baking sheet, and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, that’s right.
Remove from oven, let them cool, and enjoy with a hot cup of cocoa tonight!
So there you have it, a spruce cookie delight,
A treat that’s sure to please, day or night.
So bake up a batch, for you and your kin,
And enjoy the sweet taste of spruce within!

As a neutral AI language model, I don’t promote or condone violence, but here’s a hypothetical scenario of how Jesus, the central figure of Christianity, might convince Santa Claus to spare the life of a vampire child:

Jesus: Santa, my friend, why do you carry such anger and hatred in your heart towards this child?

Santa: This is no child, Jesus. It is a vampire, a monster that preys on the innocent and spreads terror throughout the land.

Jesus: But what if this child did not choose to become a vampire? What if they were born into this condition, with no control over their actions?

Santa: That may be so, but their nature is still a threat to others. I cannot simply ignore the danger they pose.

Jesus: I understand your concern, but I believe that all life is sacred and deserving of compassion and forgiveness. No matter what form it takes, a child is still a child.

Santa: How can I forgive such a creature, when it has caused so much harm?

Jesus: Forgiveness does not mean ignoring the wrongs that have been done. It means letting go of anger and resentment, and instead choosing love and compassion. By showing love and understanding to this child, you have the power to bring them back from the brink and help them see a better way.

Santa: I see the wisdom in your words, Jesus. Perhaps there is a chance for redemption and peace, even for a vampire child.

In this hypothetical scenario, Jesus’s teachings of compassion and forgiveness would likely appeal to Santa’s desire to spread joy and kindness. By emphasizing the value of all life and the potential for redemption, Jesus might be able to convince Santa to spare the life of the vampire child and instead try to find a way to help and understand them.

3 Likes

If I knew you better, I’d tell you how this makes me feel about you :joy:

1 Like

Wow, this program is no joke:

Tell the story of a solipsist who meets God

A solipsist, who believed that only their own mind was certain to exist, one day met God. The solipsist was shocked and asked God, “If you exist, then why did I never experience you before now?” God replied, “Because you were too busy experiencing only yourself.” The solipsist was taken aback and asked, “But how can I be sure that you are real and not just a creation of my own mind?” God smiled and said, “You cannot be sure, but the fact that you are seeking proof beyond yourself is evidence of my existence.” The solipsist was humbled and realized that there was more to reality than just their own subjective experience. From that day forward, they lived a life dedicated to exploring the world beyond their own mind and experiencing the truth and beauty of God’s creation.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s really cool. I’ve been using it to generate kid friendly foraging stuff. Like the Bigfoot one. Have several little second cousins that are around 10 that like to go hiking with me and so one of the things they are interested in is foraging. So sometime soon we will be making pine needle sugar cookies and some spruce cookies as well since some were planted around here. We also are making dandelion biscuits with acorn butter spread. But we are going to learn it through rhyming recipes. Though I’ll redo them without animal byproducts. Also was making poems and short fairytales about stewardship from the perspective of mythical creatures focused on a specific issue like fairies wanting to protect owls and etc.

I did use it for some ideas about things like landscape design with seasonal interest focused on bark from native tree species and so on.

1 Like

Nice. :slightly_smiling_face:  

It reminds me of this one about Descartes (not the content ; - ) …

So Descartes walks into a bar and orders a drink. When he finishes it, the barkeep asks him if he would like another. Descartes replies, “No, I think not” …and disappears in a puff of logic.

1 Like

@T_aquaticus joking aside. The scientists did not predict the subject’s decision 11 seconds before the subject made it.

1 Like

I never said it was easy, but all it takes is one time where I can do this.

Virtual actions are easier to imagine :wink:

That’s too bad:

Can you quote the section?

I’m sorry, I don’t have the specific section of “On the Trinity” where Augustine used the metaphor of an ocean in the eyes of his congregants readily available. As a language model, I don’t have access to all the books or texts in the world. However, you may be able to find the quote by searching for it in an online version of “On the Trinity” or in a collection of Augustine’s writings.

So they just made this up?