To tag onto Randy’s and Kendel’s already excellent suggestions above, I also want to affirm your itch to maybe look into some fiction. I don’t read enough of it myself - and when I do I almost always feel richly rewarded in certain ways that are hard for non-fiction to rival. There is a lot of Truth and reflection on the human condition to be had through good fiction work. If you’re ever in the mood for just some relaxing (and somewhat pious, though also irreverent and edgy) humor, try any of Philip Gulley’s work. He’s just fun to read - and as a Quaker pastor he makes good fun of all our churchy hangups and prudery, but from the inside. And he’ll be considered a heretic for it by all the same, but he’s not anti-religious, not by a long shot. His “Harmony” series is a more churchy version of Keillor’s “Lake Wobegon”. Just fun reading - if a bit preachy at times. Or read any of his devotional books like “Front Porch Tales” for some excellent and humorous devotional reading that is preachy in quite healthy ways and directions (in my opinion).
Or try some sci-fi like the classic “Canticle for Leibowitz” by Paul Miller, which gives an interesting perspective on evolutionary views, or the more recent sci-fi like “The Sparrow” (Mary Doria Russell) for a gripping tale of the Vatican spear-heading a “first contact” mission to a nearby star. (You can find extended commentary on that book in a past thread devoted to it in this very forum!)
Sometimes I find that the best antidote to all the sciency culture wars is to approach them very indirectly (or even seemingly not at all) by just immersing yourself in the sorts of characters and authors that have a healthy sense of self-reflection about themselves and about humanity more widely. After immersing myself in their points of view, I suddenly find that any of my unhealthy obsessions with unanswered science/religious questions just become less important - as in they just recede and get put in their proper place rather than getting “answered” or “dismissed”.
And I definitely ditto onto Randy’s mention of George MacDonald - his fiction, while preachy in the extreme, is one of those things that powerfully brings one to the feet of Christ, and in doing so, has a way of making all our other churchy tempests just get stilled in the presence of the Spirit. One definitely can see how figures such as Lewis and many others were shaped by that influence.