God's plan for the future of the biosphere

It’s like saying “My child’s baby teeth are not important and I won’t take care of them, because he’ll be getting permanent teeth anyway.”

1 Like

In the Bible project there are a handful of episodes that goes into it a bit.

Design Patterns episode 3 and 4.
Poetry and Metaphor episode 5.

This article touches on “ chaos monsters” which includes sea monsters that ties into why Mesopotamians viewed the sea as chaotic.

I’m pretty sure there are a handful of others episodes also but I don’t remember them. I think there may have even been a actual sea monster episode, though it could have been a segment from one of the episodes mentioned.

1 Like

I once heard an interesting idea from a young preacher. He lifted up the possibility that when Jesus returns, we humans are the ones that will cleans the world. Not wise to pollute your home, this world, especially if you have to cleans it later.

Never heard this idea from anybody else.

That’s kind of the idea behind purgatory–when you have sins that need to be worked out before you are allowed into heaven.

This is a bit different topic. It is not about us suffering. It’s about what happens when Jesus returns.

When Jesus returns, does the destruction caused by humans suddenly disappear?
My answer is that probably not. A cut forest does not suddenly have fullgrown trees. Plastic trash in a lake does not suddenly disappear. It is unlikely that excess carbon would suddenly disappear from the atmosphere. Possible, yes, but unlikely.

So when’s He coming? Apart from in us?

I belong to those who are waiting for His return. When, I don’t know. Possibly after I’m dead. Yet, I wait.
Maranatha.

I used to for decades. So what do we do while we wait?

Live. Much to do, much to learn. Waiting for the return of Jesus is anything but laying lazy on a couch.

Disclaimer: I have nothing against laying lazy, it’s good to gather strength when tired.

Ephesians 4

25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.

26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:

27 Neither give place to the devil.

28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.

1 Like

Hmm. I don’t encounter any of that broken unpleasantness from my >97% non-Christian family, neighbours (I suspect the lovely Congolese matriarchy on one side are RC, the Senegalese on the other side are Muslim), friends. As my church stopped doing anything in the community, I stopped going. I volunteer at my old one’s outreach to the destitute, who don’t behave that unpleasantly either, despite being terribly broken.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.