Further musings on Adam and Eve

I was mostly joking with Patrick. I work for a diverse group with plenty of people more liberal than me in it and we all manage to mostly get along. But there is a little truth in every joke.

I understand your frustrations and I think you are right that things seem to have become much more hostile and polarized in the last decade or so. On the other hand, I think some progressive people need to stay in the Evangelical church and push back on what seems to be the swing back towards fundamentalism. This primary season is putting a serious strain on my resolve, but I think I can do more good arguing from within from a position of leadership than from without with no credibility. I have hope that things are going to shift quite a bit within a generation. Some people just really need to retire or die off so we can move on in some of the contentious areas.

Both “The Magic of Reality” and “An Appetite for Wonder” are great kid’s books. Perhaps you can have it shipped in the brown manila covering like Playboy used to be sent in the mail. :slight_smile: Or perhaps you can cross out Dawkins with Black Magic marker. :smile:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.