Free Evolution and Climate Change Book Downloads!

I don’t expect you to watch it, and never said I did. I think that others will find it interesting.

Why in the name of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (Peace be unto Him) would I pick through a book just for the quotes? Seriously!

1 Like

Thanks for laying all that out, Jon. As you lay it out, that does put her in a bad light for me. Your last source link (the one involving her having received funding from fossil fuels sources) is behind some kind of pay/registration wall for me I think. But I did check out her response to those charges on her web site, and it would probably be uncharitable of me to quickly jump on ad-hominem bandwagons without giving this more time than I intend to. Where funding comes from is obviously more complicated than a simplistic equation of all private-sector (or even fossil fuel) funds as evil. My strong suspicions (that I still maintain) in that regard are expressed generalities only, and not much use for particular case judgment.

That said, I’m already with you (and Eddie) that climate change is real, menacing, and our responsibility. So to the extent that she deliberately detracts from any of those positions, then I would not defend or follow her there.

2 Likes

@Eddie
@Jonathan_Burke
So you’ve both had your say and made your points. Please do not go down second temple Judaism bunny trails or intentionally provoke each other further. Thanks. :guardsman:

Why should I be interested in opinions? I didn’t realize that this Is how science works. What did it sound like after you threw Pigliucci under the bus?

1 Like

Please see this site on Planet Nibiru. And please keep in mind that if you don’t have a PhD in astrophysics you don’t have the right to give an opinion on the existence of this planet, even if it isn’t there.

From the site:

Is Nibiru real? Does it take Nibiru 3,600 years to complete one orbital journey? As you can imagine, the gravitational effects of a sizable planet moving close to the inner solar system would spell big trouble for planet Earth. Earth has been acting up lately with an increase in earthquakes, volcanoes, global warming (oops…I meant “climate change”), blending of seasons, and more. Open your mind a little and stop believing everything our so called scientists and NASA folks have to say. Every week NASA seems to have learned something new that was unthinkable.

So there. Let us heed this wise counsel. We should all open our minds a little and stop believing everything our so called scientists and NASA folks have to say!

1 Like

It appears we have ventured far from the original post, so will close discussion