Fossils: Evidence of evolution or evidence of a global flood?

You referring to my comment about mastodons and giant sloths in Colorado?

Miller, Ian M., Jeffrey S. Pigati, R. Scott Anderson, Kirk R. Johnson, Shannon A. Mahan, Thomas A. Ager, Richard G. Baker et al. “Summary of the Snowmastodon Project Special Volume: A high-elevation, multi-proxy biotic and environmental record of MIS 6–4 from the Ziegler Reservoir fossil site, Snowmass Village, Colorado, USA.” Quaternary Research 82, no. 3 (2014): 618-634.

Pigati, Jeffrey S., Ian M. Miller, Kirk R. Johnson, Jeffrey S. Honke, Paul E. Carrara, Daniel R. Muhs, Gary Skipp, and Bruce Bryant. “Geologic setting and stratigraphy of the Ziegler Reservoir fossil site, Snowmass Village, Colorado.” Quaternary Research 82, no. 3 (2014): 477-489.

Mahan, Shannon A., Harrison J. Gray, Jeffrey S. Pigati, Jim Wilson, Nathaniel A. Lifton, James B. Paces, and Maarten Blaauw. “A geochronologic framework for the Ziegler Reservoir fossil site, Snowmass Village, Colorado.” Quaternary Research 82, no. 3 (2014): 490-503.

Fisher, Daniel C., Michael D. Cherney, Cody Newton, Adam N. Rountrey, Zachary T. Calamari, Richard K. Stucky, Carol Lucking, and Lesley Petrie. “Taxonomic overview and tusk growth analyses of Ziegler Reservoir proboscideans.” Quaternary Research 82, no. 3 (2014): 518-532.

Strickland, Laura E., Richard G. Baker, Robert S. Thompson, and Dane M. Miller. “Last interglacial plant macrofossils and climates from Ziegler Reservoir, Snowmass Village, Colorado, USA.” Quaternary Research 82, no. 3 (2014): 553-566.

Miller, Ian M., and Mitchell A. Plummer. “A high-elevation, multi-proxy biotic and environmental record of MIS 6–4 from the Ziegler Reservoir fossil site, Snowmass Village, Colorado, USA.” Quaternary Research (New York) 82, no. INL/JOU-14-33813 (2014)

1 Like

Post deleted

The link I provided works for me. You can go to https://thenaturalhistorian.com and search for Quadrillions.

Post deleted

Easy to do when you don’t say you are talking about a link in a document I provided a link to.

But a simple Google search found the article here

Post deleted

Post deleted

The article appears to be Dr. McMullen’s Masters Thesis so you know it was gone over carefully. @Joel_Duff do you know how @r_speir could obtain a copy?

Here is a PDF of the article. Does it really matter what they say or don’t say? It seems like your mind is made up no matter what and you can just ignore things you don’t like?

Note: the article loads kind of funny but I eventually saw it.

2 Likes

The article appears to be Dr. McMullen’s Masters Thesis so you know it was gone over carefully. @Joel_Duff do you know how @r_speir could obtain a copy?
[/quote]
I can send @r_speir the article but it is on my computer at work and I probably wont’ get back there until Monday.

@pevaquark is the man and has provided a link to the article.

I look forward to @r_speir’s explaination of how they got everything wrong.

Hi R,

Dr Schweitzer’s studies show that tiny strands of proteins can under rare circumstances get trapped / embedded in fossilized remains. In those circumstances, the matrix of hardened minerals protects the embedded organic material from further decay.

The language you are using makes it seem like you think she claims to have found dinosaur steaks that you could roast in an oven. Far from it!

Of course, I might have misunderstood you. I invite you to clarify any misunderstandings.

Blessings,
Chris

2 Likes

Where are the measurements that show it should be non-existent?

Regardless of whether or not he is jaded, he is quoting facts. And what evidence do you have that he “overstates his case on a regular basis” as you claim?

Look, @r_speir, I hope you don’t mind me saying this, but others on this thread have been providing you with actual data and research, to which you’ve responded with nothing more than unjustified assertions and “meh, not convinced - IGNORE.” If you think that the data is all some kind of Illuminati conspiracy or other then I’m not going to argue with that, but if you’re going to claim that other people aren’t getting their facts straight, you need to provide some actual evidence of your own to back up these claims. If you’re not able to do so, then I might as well suggest that the moderators just close this thread because it’s wasting everybody’s time.

One other thing. Please do not use the word “evolutionist” as an insult, or as a catch-all term for any and every scientific finding that you don’t like. It’s passive-aggressive and just tells everyone that you’re anti-science.

4 Likes

It isn’t uncommon for YEC’s to ignore inconvenient facts.[quote=“r_speir, post:73, topic:37536”]
Talk to evolutionists, your own brand of people, who are saying exactly that – “It’s ridiculous…blood vessels and collagen do not last anywhere near 65 -100 million years!” Your argument is not with me. Go tell them how smart you are. IGNORE
[/quote]

That’s not science, either. Have you heard of the scientific method?

2 Likes

@r_speir,

If you are going to use the “Frozen Meat” explanation, then I’m going to use the objection that asks how all these other animals “turned to rock” in 4000 years?

Can you produce a single fossil that is found in rock tested by multiple physical testing to be less than 6000 years old? I look forward to your answer!

Post deleted

@r_speir

Can anyone get that 30265.pdf link to work? I get Nothing.

Post deleted

Post deleted

Worked for me.