Flood Geology Cannot Explain Sedimentary Formations. Here's Why

Hello, and welcome. I’m a Christian undergraduate student at present, specializing in studying fossil mollusks. My theology is generally at the conservative end of the regulars here.

How much filtering did he do of bad data in the PBDB? Using raw PBDB data for an analysis like this is not going to produce reliable results, no matter what the author’s ideas about what this ought to imply.

There is still succession of species, whether vertebrates, mollusks, or planktonic foraminifera. This has been known for over 250 years now. Lyell’s definitions of Cenozoic epochs were based on changes in extinction rates of mollusks in European deposits.

“Significant” as in beach face or riverine, not tsunamis of boiling mud.

There are fossils that have never been buried under more than a few tens of meters of material sitting all around me right now. Many fossils have had that happen, but it is not a requirement.

At every single fossiliferous Cenozoic shallow marine deposit, for a few thousand.

Yes there is–falling into anoxic water, landslides, river floods, changes in sediment type soon after deposition, etc. Also, such fossils are rare, indicating that conditions which would preserve them are also rare.

That would smash every fossil in the deposits.

Under conditions that are extremely rare.

That’s better, but still doesn’t work:

Read any paper on global planktonic foraminiferal dating for a start.

It would require animals with lifespans of years to live, grow to adulthood, and die within hours to produce the volumes observed.

What is this about, exactly?

They often do–deposits that extensive are rare.

There isn’t, unless something strange has been discovered recently.

Yes, because if the decay rates were not constant, then either every atom fell apart, or Earth turned into a ball of plasma.

Of course they do! That’s called “contamination” and “noise”. A value of “100,000 years” from C14 is background noise. Under this same logic, I could assert that the earth is less than a millennium old using ages based on Tritium.

No, it would either make all atoms larger than hydrogen fall apart or turn the earth into a ball of plasma.

God wanted to do it that way because his ways are higher than ours?

As contamination and/or background noise.

6 Likes