Feelings and God

Yeaaahhhh. What goal?

Well in the case of christianity i think to fail God??

How? What difference does it make to anything?

Well my original question was if beign mad at God about a birth difiency or sickness or any kind of misfortune to put it that way is a sin.So yeah kinda of a different question .It doesnt connect with the feelings topic but anyway.Sorry if im confusing poeple here

Ooooooh, it connects. Deeply.

What is contain3ed in our brain is a remembrance of our experiences. The brain associates fe3elings with experiences, like fear, joy, surprise. These feelings help us to remember these experiences, so we can learn from them. They do not control how we react to them in the future, in that ias up to us, although the past does presage the future. The brain does no0t tell us what to do, but helps us decides what to do.

Please read the book of Job in the OT just before the Psalms.

I have read it.I dont quite understand though what answer did God gave to Job after demanding for God to explain himself.He only showed Job how complex the universe is in my understanding

God LIKED Job.

This involves deep and active debates in the field known as the philosophy of mind. It involves the problem of qualia (qualitative feel of sensations, emotions) and the hard problem of consciousness. Also, the problem of mental causation, and of physical responses and free will that attend the famous Libet experiment. It occurs at the nexus of neurobiology, phenomenology, information theory, etc. It’s tremendously interesting but full of puzzles and difficulties for all sides.

The question is Why did Job ask to present his case before God? Why did he think that he was being treated unjustly? And was he?

What ? Job was innocent and lost everything. Even his friends was around speculating about possible sins he might did. But God even said Job was innocent. Why are you raising this question in the first place?

Job was having a serious steak of “bac luck.” His “friends” said it must have been because he did something wrong to upset God, based on the theology of that day which is still present in our own and it makes some sense. God would not let bad things happen to good people.

However, Job know that he has done nothing seriously wrong, and we know that he is right. Still his friends insist that their Ideology is more important than the truth so Job must be guilty.

Job decides that he needs to take his case to the King, to YHWH,.so that he4 can pretest his innocence, or YUWU can tell him where he went wrong. Of course no one believed that YHYH would hear his cry or thought the YHYH would knock him dead for his impudence. However Job’s faith in the just nature of YHWH was rewarded. God heard his appeal and gave the divine response. Job was not being punished for some sin. Sickness, death, and loss are a part of life and no one is exempt .

YHWH cares about all God’s people and makes all situations work for good for those who love God.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.