Factual evidence for Christians to rejoice in, remember and recount, and for true seekers to ponder

It’s like Stalin said, quantity is quality. If enough people make enough claims, redefine words and reality, then usage is correct for a start. Mob rule. It works in politics and religion above all.

Don’t forget red herrings and straw men.

But many simply dont want to believe. Their mind-set is that miracles cant happen, therefore if one is claimed they explain it through natural means, eg spontaneous remission of a disease. The fact that the ‘healing’ happened after prayer is just coincidence, they say.

Or they are subjective claims and subjective meanings, which are you are simply denying.

2 Likes

I don’t think I am the one in denial.

Flat earthers don’t think the Earth is round.

And I’m not talking about miracles where natural laws are broken.

They don’t think it’s spherical either. ; - ) But I am not the one who is the flat earther in this scenario.

Maybe you should reread (read for the first time?) Glenn Morton’s account:

1 Like

In a sense, by the way they describe the pacman effect, it could be said they see it as omnipresent.

Which pieces of evidence are verifiable?

1 Like

I do not presuppose that providential meaning in events cannot exist. I nevertheless do not find the examples offered as objective evidence for providential meaning unpersuasive. Providing a rational argument for your claims would be more productive than suggesting that there’s something defective about anyone who doesn’t share your intuitions.

Same comment for you.

2 Likes

In Rich Stearns’ account, all the meetings and phone calls, newspaper clipping, persons involved, etc.

But we are also talking about ingenuousness. Sure, you can simply deny the facts as related. But that is on you, not the reality of the evidence.

@glipsnort – Same comment for you. ; - )

What about Glenn Morton’s account?

1 Like

It is self-explanatory.

You said that can’t be done when it was about the cosmological argument. Can’t, shouldn’t, or not what I want. I’d have to go back and look at the specific comment.

That’s not an answer to my question. You claimed to have verifiable evidence and then cited Glenn Morton’s account. So what evidence in that account do you think is verifiable?

1 Like

What is verifiable in a crime scene that gets washed out after the CSI has recorded the facts in his notebook? But we have an M.O.

Nothing is verifiable in such an example. In fact, if forensic evidence can not be assessed by the defense then the forensic evidence can not be used in a court of law. DNA evidence has been thrown out of court because not enough DNA was available for testing by the defense.

You still haven’t answered the question. What in Glenn Morton’s account is verifiable? Or are you admitting that it isn’t objective, verifiable evidence?

1 Like

You are failing to make the distinction between objective and verifiable. Something can still be absolutely objective and true without being verifiable.

It seems pretty objectively true that you are one of those someones.

Then how do you differentiate between subjective and objective evidence? How do you determine if a story is true?

1 Like