Examining the Assumptions of Mosaic Creationism vis-a-vis the Assumptions of Evolutionary Creationism

@Socratic.Fanatic, are you trying to kid a kidder? You know me… I love speculations. But I don’t insist on speculating “what if” on every semantic curiosity.

Having a noose put around a captive’s neck was a known practice in the middle east, which is how the Templars came to practice it. And I’m confident there are other examples of it long before the Templars. In contrast, there is no known example of putting a coil of rope on someone’s head to mean anything.

The Hebrew proposition for on one’s head is an implied meaning… one which was poorly grasped by the scholars employed by King James… just as the Breeches Bible erroneously described the plant-based garments fashioned by Adam and Eve as breeches, rather than as more of a loin cloth made of leaves.

@Socratic.Fanatic, this is now your cue to describe the possible nuances of a little discussed possibility: what if the scribes of Genesis literally believed that Adam and Eve made trousers?

Hi Mike,

It was good to have these discussions with you. I appreciate your search for “the” truth. One thing I often have to do myself is admit when “I just don’t know” without the stress and strain of not having found out “the” answer. I think it is reasonable to assume that there is a LOT we will never know. When “face to face” those answers will be evident, but for now, it is ok to not know.

Curtis

2 Likes

Thank you for your thoughts, comments and time spent here. I’ve enjoyed your viewpoint on things and hope you find time to visit again.

1 Like

Mike,

Thanks for the good questions and interesting conversations. I am happy to report that I was edified in faith and knowledge as a result of our interaction. I hope you feel the same.

Grace and peace,
Chris Falter

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.