Evolutionary Transitions

Do you know what TOE is trying to claim?
It claims that all life can be produced by Evolution. All life, including Humans. So unless you want God to light the touch paper and sit back, you will argue against TOE as it stands

Richard

“All hail the God of gravity” is exactly the same thing, and blasphemous, the way you are using it. I do praise God for the minutiae that he is sovereign over, including mutations in DNA, their timing and placing. You have seen my nephrectomy account?

Yes, and God is sovereign over it. Maybe you are belittling God.

1 Like

I am sorry but God is not a part of TOE in any shape or form. You might argue that he set the parameters which guided the directions from afar but even that is stretching things. God is not sovereign of TOE. God is the antipathy of TOE. (perhaps you are not familiar with what TOE actually is as opposed to Evolutionary theory.)
I do not wish to argue with you Dale. And I would be grateful if you did not jump in with comments that do not show you understand what I am about or arguing.

Richard

You are correct. Please enlighten us so I can understand.

All I see you doing is using an argument from incredulity, and that, in case you are not familiar with it, is a logical fallacy.

The Evolutionary process is that during reproduction a mutation occurs that adds, or subtracts qualities (Physical changes usually) to produce a new and different organism. Survival of the fittest is the additional factor that claims that the adaptation will improve that organism’s survival chances with an advantage caused by the mutation and therefore become the norm until superceded.

TOE is the extrapolated theory that all life forms can be made from a single cell using the Evolutionary process classically from Amoeba to Human, but this is a misnomer as an amoeba is by no means a simple life form. However, it does claim that higher life started in the ocean and migrated out of it changing and adapting as it went. Each change has to be stand-alone and not only viable but advantageous. In modern times the scope of the changes available seems to be infinite whereas originally Darwin only noted the diversification of single species to adapt to their specific environment. Although the postulation about ape to man has been a long part of Evolution it is still by no means certain that the similarity is due to heredity or just shape and form. 98% is still 2% short and the differences in mental and physical abilities belies such a small difference. Originally there was a complete timeline (tree) but modern theory has made it basically parallel so that each type of organism develops from a common ancestry,although exactly where the split is, is not agreed. However Birds are supposedly direct in line from dinosaurs. There is disagreement whether reptiles and mammals are completely independent in formation. It is generally agreed that you can make an amphibian out of a fish. And that fish could sprout legs.

TOE does not claim the spark of life.

Even that is an oversimplification.

Richard

I don’t think that is a distinction that anyone else makes, that I know of. Why are you not still denying God’s sovereignty when you deny TOE? Your denial is still an argument from incredulity.

Who is denying God’s sovereignty? I am claiming that TOE denies it (does not require it) and is therefore wrong! I claim God controlled creation with Evolution as a tool to assist Him rather than the whole kit and caboodle.

So please get off my back, I have enough trouble with atheistic scientists and YECs without theistic evolutionists jumping in as well.

Richard

By the same reasoning, the theories involved with celestial mechanics deny it.

3 Likes

Um, what is this forum for? ; - )

2 Likes

A specific example of a transition I am familiar with: the Yorktown Formation ~4.5-3.2 MYA Melanella laevigata, based on the photograph in Campbell, 1993, has 11-13 teleoconch whorls when the shell is 10 mm long, and has a very weak suture. The similar recent species M. jamaicensis has 8-9 teleoconch whorls at that size and has a somewhat stronger suture. Three specimens that I have from the 2.4 MYA Waccamaw Formation have 9-11 whorls at that size and an intermediate-strength (still weak) suture.

1 Like

This forum is not a private soapbox. If you assert claims which are not valid or sound, expect to be challenged on them.

4 Likes

Whoosh, over our heads. ; - )

Melanella laevigata

Melanella jamaicensis

That sounds a bit like…

If God cannot give me a million dollars right now when I ask him to, then Christianity is a lie.

People say such completely insane and unreasonable things like this only when they have decided they are not going to believe no matter what… like the phrase “when hell freezes over,” something so unlikely they know it will never happen. They are not going to listen…

For this people’s heart has grown dull,

• and their ears are heavy of hearing,*
  • and their eyes they have closed,*
    lest they should perceive with their eyes,
  • and hear with their ears,*
    and understand with their heart,

You can challenge me as much as you like. But, in theory, Dale is on my side. (I think)

Richard

Not sure you got the right drift here. There is no clause in my statement, nor bargain, just the suggestion of a critical flaw in TOE.
You are right, of course. my mind is made up. I know God exists, so I will not agree with any theory that dismisses Him or relegates Him to the sidelines.

Richard

I’ve provided evidence for you for feathers in avian dinosaurs. . Did you bother to watch the videos? If you did, please tell us what specifically you object to.

What about plate tectonic theory and gravitational theory? They have an enormous effect on our lives, and God is never mentioned when they are discussed! Does God push continents around or exert force to keep us earth bound?

1 Like

So the Theory of Evolution is not the same as Evolutionary Theory? Please explain.

2 Likes

He attempts to, above.