Evolution OR Creation use Science Fact and Biblical Truth

Yes, but tungsten-180, bismuth-209 and tellurium-128 aren’t used in radiometric dating. Let’s stick to discussing elements that are and not get overly pedantic about things.

1 Like

Where’s the fun in that?
(“Fun” indicating “I get to do calculations”)

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum. I would like to clarify that this is a forum for dialogue not no holds barred debate. Telling people they are saying nothing of value is not the tone we strive for in our discussions. The point is not to win arguments or defeat ideological opponents. The point is to understand people better, in many cases, understand other Christians better and hopefully strengthen our own faith and commitments to Christ in the process.

No one can “prove” evolution to you. Mostly because you aren’t really asking the questions that would lead you to the understanding of scientific facts needed to even grasp the significance of the evidence. That’s fine, we don’t care if you never accept evolutionary theory. What is more important is the fact that almost all the Christians who have dedicated their lives to scientific disciplines do see value and truth in evolutionary theory. The attitude that they must be compromised Christians who don’t love God’s truth brings disunity to the body of Christ and is an issue that we would like to help address here, by showing how people who do accept evolution can also respect the authority and truth of the Bible and show the fruit of God’s Spirit sanctifying their lives. That is the only thing I am personally interested in “proving” to you. If you want to learn about why evolution is good science, you should take a course or something.

12 Likes

It has everything to do with it.

If God can providentially orchestrate the timing and placing of events in his children’s lives, then he can providentially orchestrate biological evolution on the atomic and molecular scale as well as cosmological evolution on the astronomical scale.

1 Like

So you read the original Hebrew, Aramaic, and/or Greek? If you are reading it in English it has already been changed. And anytime you are reading a text you are performing an interpretation wither you know it or not. No one’s, including yours, interpretation is perfect.

2 Likes

Psalm 104:5: “Thou has fixed the earth on its foundation so that it never can be shaken.”
Isaiah 45:18: “…who made the earth and fashioned it, and himself fixed it fast…”

And that’s just a start. In the Bible, the universe consists of three tiers: heaven above, earth in the middle, and the underworld below. And the earth rests on pillars.

4 Likes

Here is a problem. First the attitude is over the top. It’s normal, but it’s not excusable. All you have to do is chill out and carry on an actual discussion. I’m not saying that because it’s rules but because it’s mentally healthier for you and it’s less toxic for others. I did not read every thread. Just the gist of some of it. But these are the issues I see.

1. You routinely go back to “ God’s word says” and then demand that we need to ignore context and just got with plain definitions. That’s not an argument. That’s why people are directing you towards other places in the Bible that you most likely reject a plain text reading because you know it’s not literal.

In Joshua it says the world is a flat disc shape, a circle. It does not say it’s a globe. It says it’s a circle. Geometry explains the difference between circle and globe.

The other testament also alludes to all virgin women bleeding. There is a whole test set up to see if bloody sheets are found by parents to keep their supposedly virgin daughter from being killed. But most of us know that’s just not biologically true.

The Bible says that the world is flat. It says the world has a dome over it. It says angels had sex with woman and gave birth to giant like mighty men. The Bible says God battled a multiheaded fire breathing sea serpent and that the sun moved around the earth. The Bible says wind is the breath of God and this wind that animated leaves and makes trees move and pushes waves is the same sprit ( wind ) that fills you up and makes you alive.

The Bible is made up of many genres. It’s symbolic in places. It’s literal in places. It’s mythological in places. It’s hyperbolic in places. There are parables and poems and visions. Tons of stuff that’s not literal.

So when we look at genesis 1-11 , and specifically 1-2 , what is it there that demands a literal reading? Why is your literal reading better than my mythological reading? Why is your pseudoscience that’s rejected by 99% of scientists better than my science accepted by the bulk of 8,000,000 worldwide scientists?

So I have an Interpretation that is more favored among scholars, coexists with science and fits perfectly well within the Bible.

You make comments like , “ why accept science and reject the Bible”. I don’t. I accept evolution as the best interpretation of the scientific data gathered by experts and I accept that genesis 1-11 is best understood through the lens of accommodation.

4 Likes

CRT is not taught in public schools.

Okay, are you asserting that Evolution is true? Or the Bible is true? The initial post asks for you to prove your opinion. If you don’t have an opinion, then no need to prove it, just like your response - no proof. Once I see your proof, we can get started. I don’t even know where you stand…

CRT is taught in public schools in nearly every state. Are you really trying to deny that???

It depends.

Okay, let’s see - your first comment // 1. You routinely go back to “ God’s word says” and then demand that we need to ignore context and just got with plain definitions. That’s not an argument. That’s why people are directing you towards other places in the Bible that you most likely reject a plain text reading because you know it’s not literal.// NOBODY has given a single Bible verse, so please stick to the facts…
You bring up Joshua, please supply the chapter and verse and we’ll discuss it - EVEN if it’s completely off topic for this thread. You see the Bible does NOT contradict itself, never. Here’s Biblical proof that the Earth is Round (a circle). Your turn to back up a flat earth… And don’t use your “false” idea that a circle would be anything different than a globe when talking about 3D objects! Misinterpreting words is not accepting God’s Word as He wrote it.
Isaiah 40:21-22 (KJV)
Have ye not known? have ye not heard? hath it not been told you from the beginning? have ye not understood from the foundations of the earth? 22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:
Now as for you not liking Biblical Text, not sure how to respond to that comment?
Your misdirect is pretty bad. Please get back on topic and address how you justify evolution with Creation, using facts. God Bless.

Problem being there is actually a Hebrew word for sphere/globe, 'Kadur" כדור, which WASN’T USED. See Isaiah 22:18. The writer meant a flat, 2-d circle.

4 Likes

Sure, argue just to argue. If you read the Bible you’d know that Revelations has a dire warning to those who change God’s Word…
Rev 22:18-19 (KJV)
For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

BTW, I do read the Greek/Hebrew literal translations. Please be productive and address the original post with evidence.

Not the same as knowing the languages.

3 Likes

I have cover to cover several times. And can you please stop with the insults.

4 Likes

'Why do you think it is taught in public schools in nearly every state?

Not current…

@GodsDisciples – You seem not to have replied:

And actually, Dale, i understand CRT is pretty much a graduate level study, but uninformed people have twisted it to mean any discussion that racial bias has been integrated into our social structure, and some have created an atmosphere of fear and intimidation that inhibits the discussion of those biases.

5 Likes