Does Archaeology Confirm the Exodus and Conquest?

Actually you don’t need a wheel, kiln, or glaze. You would need clay which is found in places other than river banks.

Well, I suppose you can make pinch pots. Where else would you get moist clay than from a creek or river? And how do you fire pottery without a kiln? Wouldn’t they have left behind potsherds for archaeologists to find?

Big difference from bare subsistence and being able to things like pottery that involve a stable and settled culture. Not convinced.

Straining at a gnat. Provide evidence please. We can sit here all day talking about a million possibilities and get nowhere.

Any reference to peer reviewed journal information is welcome. The evidence can then be viewed and evaluated. Secondary references are fine as long as they properly reference the original and are an accurate portrayal of the original. These results, if accurate, indicate a lot of missing evidence that would be necessary to support the account.

1 Like

Found this

You can burn pottery in a fire without a kiln. Ever read The Mysterious Island by Jules Verne?

I never got the impression that mana from heaven was “bare subsistence” but maybe that is just your assumption. And these people were together for over 40 years so I think they had a stable culture.

But it doesn’t say that deserts are a good place to find clay! And what of the potshards? Where are they? But before we go on and on, why don’t you or Para point me to some examples of the new pottery styles the Hebrews supposedly introduced. According to you, they should not have been made on a potter’s wheel and should be unglazed. So they would be relatively primitive.

btw, Can you think of any other nomadic desert cultures that create pottery?

Not very pro-life, is it? I’m certainly happy about the lack of evidence.

1 Like

Book? Authors? Journal names? Anything concrete from a peer-reviewed journal? You have to be careful with your sources, because Noah’s ark has already been found several times…

We have access to Academic Search Premier so I’ll have access to any journal you name.

I haven’t found the right page yet, I will let you know when I do.

Why do you ask when you know the answer is to the contrary Brian? And where do you get your dates from? The Exodus and Conquest, using Biblical chronology, date from 1446 and 1406 BCE. 400 years before the mythical David. And what does any of this have to do with Christianity?

And not all of Arabia is desert. It contains mountains and rivers. People have been living there for thousands of years so there must be some sources of fresh water.

Not being an anthropologist I have no idea. My point was simply that you can’t argue “oh they couldn’t have done that” when in fact they might have.

1 Like

Are you absolutely sure of this number? Consider the deserts of the world. And what about the vast area of the high plains in the U.S.? Clay soils would not have eroded from the wind, and that’s what happened in the Dust Bowl years. Glaciers deposited our richest soils.

And I can’t argue that they didn’t have cell phones.

Hey I found it on the internet so it must be true.

Yes you can because we have a hard and fast date for when cell phones first appeared. Unlike making pottery which has been around a very long time.

1 Like

We can’t be sure, right?

Now you are just being silly.

Have you thought of checking that number with a librarian? Jesus said you can’t trust everything you read on the internet.

1 Like

Yes, pottery has been around a very long time. And how do we know that? (Go ahead and use the e-word.)

Thanks for watching the video…you are probably the only one who did. Certainly the David stories were probably embellished, but this wouldn’t make David non-historical. There were plenty of dubious stories about George Washington.

And some of the David stories were so unflattering they were unlikely to have been made up, since David was revered.