Does anyone have a Good Answer to Genesis 1-11 seemingly being referred to literally?

I believe Genesis 1-11 are referred to literally because they are literal. Look up my post here on Genesis 1 Historical/scientific reading of Genesis 1

Hi Dick. I see you are still stuck on that Neolithic Adam of yours. lol. Hope you are well. Been a long time since we saw each other.

I just follow the evidence. Here’s a “smoking gun” for you. Cain builds a city he names “Enoch” after his son (Gen. 4:17). That was a real city. The Sumerians called it “Unug.” You can find it in the Sumerian King List and the epic tale of Enmerkar and the Lord of Aratta. The En- prefix in Enmerkar and Enoch means “king” in both Sumerian and Akkadian. The city was located about 30 miles north of the Euphrates and eventually grew into the city of Uruk (Erech in Hebrew). Today it is called Warka.

Not since Angoulême [thanks Dick. Where my side bet on Eden evaporated in the museum on seeing how irrefutably ancient modern man is].

Reasons to Believe may have a series of essays worth checking out. RTB is an old Earth creationism organization, so they may not agree with everything BioLogos, but the essays seem to be well researched and evenly handled.

1 Like

Any story can be viewed as literal, no matter how figurative. That’s about what one brings to the party. It has nothing to do with things as they are. The literal story I like best is disinterested science within rationality, as it more closely approximates to things as they are - dinge an sich - than any other story by many orders of magnitude in the case of modern woodenly literalistic views of three thousand year old creation myths. I love the inspired, timeless, yearning up and down beauty of ‘ours’.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.