Do we have free will in the restored heaven and earth or whatever happens after we are saved in Christ

Couldnt care less about “beign free to live” or how you define it. I would have chosen to be ignorant of all my life without a free will (if it does exist indeed) rather than what we are now.

God knew who would have chosen him from the beginning. Then went ahead anyway. What’s the point? He knew beforehand what’s the point of putting the plan to work? He knew the outcomes so. Just for the sake of it? For the satisfaction to see us suffer?

Because he did not accede to your immediate desire does not mean he was not there. (He is not a vending machine.)

Ahhh yes. The classic “I need help now " and then " Nahh uhh. You’ll wait some year after your problem is solved or become worse”.

Petty excuse. Something more clever?

So God either expects you problem to get fixed by you or waits for it to become unbearable?

Any other argument of my above you wanna respond too because clearly this one’s not your forte😘

Just don’t tell God what he has to do for you, complaining the while.

I pitty the majority of Christians who say they are in a relationship with God and then don’t get nothing in return from it.

You pray I assume for different kinds of things. Next time try praying with your eyes open . Look around you . It doesn’t help. It never will. I’ve tried it . Many genuine people did.

The only thing God “has” to do is granting me internal life if I succeed at obeying him. If he wasn’t capable of doing that we wouldn’t have this conversation.

Deeply all Christians know that’s why the believe. Forget about the love stuff. These are fairytales. You cannot love everyone no matter how hard you try . Besides everyone doesn’t deserve love.

Replace love with justice. That’s the true meaning of the gospel

Preaching love to this unjust cruel world will only make it worse and make them indulge more into their cruel ways.

1 Like

You neglect the factual accounts of God’s providence in others’ lives.

…is forgiveness for our prideful thoughts and behaviors, being redeemed and being adopted into Father’s family through the work of Jesus.

That’s favouritism . You wanna go down that rabbit hole and defend God favouring certain individuals?( I think not)

Not entirely true but sure

You have the gospel upside down. It is not about your works, it is about his grace.

It’s family.

Grace and works. Together. Synergy.

I hate when Christians try to make themselves completely useless like their actions doesn’t matter and only Gods providence and grace do. NO

Kind of family is this when our Father doesn’t give a ** about some of his children?

Or better putted “cares more” about some of his children. Or grants favours to some of the children. Whatever you understand

Nope. Works are part of the result, not part of the cause.

That is not what I said. At all. Without life and works, the fact of grace and adoption in someone’s life is highly suspect, if not verifiably missing.

It’s more about what I know from threescore and fifteen.

Some may need more difficult trials to teach them (slow-learners ; - ), and some may get more difficult trials for God’s glory.

“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2 Corinthians 12:9

I’ve only had two prayers answered out of my entire life. Unless, thousands of days i was going to be cursed by food and escaped it inadvertently by asking him to bless it lol.

Not the case with me

Does it teach them though ? Because you know there are a decent amount of genuine Christians that turned away after getting difficult trials. Or are you one of those “if they left they weren one of us in the first place”?

Lucky you I had maybe one ? Lol

Some get plenty it seems .

2 Likes

It’s a fact, not an opinion.

Patience? (That’s not something you want to pray for though, because then you’ll be given more opportunities to exercise it. :grin:) Focus? That was Peter’s problem in a trial when he began to sink. And the perfecting of our faith.

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2(

A fact for you. An opinion for me😅

There’s always an excuse huh? Either patience or something else lol

You just have alternative facts. :grin:

God always has good reasons and we need to learn to trust him, whatever. It’s a good place to be in a dangerous world.

Ohhh now they are “alternative facts” huh?:joy:

I do trust him in one thing. That in the end He will restore order and everything is gonna be fine.

My only hope at the moment lol.

1 Like

In the U.S. anyway. :slightly_smiling_face: Alternative facts - Wikipedia

You do need to be sure you belong to him.