Do Dinosaurs Go To Heaven?

Just because we take certain texts symbolically doesn’t mean we don’t take them seriously. I always try to remember that while the verses are inspired, my interpretations are not. Yet there is a sense that God has also a sentimental nature within Himself. Jesus showed that at times as did the Lord through his prophetical utterances as he looked back at better times when His people were walking in obedience (when was that???) In the case of animals being in heaven it may be that alone which gives hope in the final analysis-a father gives good gifts to his child. If my pet dies and I desire that pet to be with me it very very well may be, simply based on love and not metaphysical impossibities. As Monk said, “I could be wrong now-but I don’t think so!”

1 Like

I think one possibility is that creatures capable of feeling emotions or suffering or both will be resurrected as individuals, while others might be resurrected as types. It may not matter if every bacterium were brought back, but it might be fun to have them around. Plants are beautiful, but we might be satisfied with having trees without needing to have every specific tree that ever lived. Not that I would mind if we did. What seems necessary to me is that. God who is Love would show compassion to every animal that ever suffered or was capable of enjoyment. I don’t understand the " sentimentality" accusation-- if humans are capable of empathizing with creatures who can surely feel something ( including love with some species), then will God do less?

2 Likes

I believe that is a kind answer, however, I do not think dinosaurs will be on the new earth. Eternal Heaven will be a place of beauty and kindness. This is what Isaiah is saying in Isaiah 65: 17-25. It reminds me of that song :There will be peace in the valley." And the beast of the wild will be led by a child. I do believe this: If a dog that you had makes you happy, it will be there for you. You may ask why? Because God loved you enough to give us His Son as our Savior. You may ask yourself: does this man really believe this? My answer is yes.

This topic was automatically closed 4 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.