Creation Photos Around the World

Always nice when your intended subjects dig out their own display cabinet.

2 Likes

The images don’t do it justice, and honestly the videos barely do as well. But the one is a picture of a baby shark about 3 feet long, the other is of adult dolphins about 5 feet long. A baby stingray was caught by a bird that tried to eat it for like 15 mi it

3 Likes

They look edible. :slightly_smiling_face: What are they?

1 Like

What’s that rectangular structure on the horizon in your first photo? It looks big to be that close to the shore.

It’s a natural gas rig.

1 Like

They are like 60+ feet taller than sea level. Lots of hammer heads swim around them for some reason.

1 Like

Fungus puffballs…they turn from a spongy white to floppy sacs of black spores with a hole in the top. The biggest reach the size of a softball! Thanks

1 Like

It does look like the pear shaped puffball “Apioperdon pyriforme“. Where I live I don’t ever see them but reports state they show up in another 2 months or so. But I’m in the southeastern coastal USA. Further north I imagine fall weather and patterns are already hitting.

If that is what it is they are edible. I like puffballs one general. Sort of like roasted marshmallows in texture in my opinion. Just slice them and make
Sure they are white all the way through. Also, obviously go through it’s morphology to make sure. But it looks like it and the description fits and that’s the type of place “ stump puffballs” grow.

A ground plant with red berries I can’t figure out yet, a rainbow from our church parking lot last week with fall colors underneath, Herb Robert (a beautiful, invasive species here), and pretty, purple pokeweed (my kids always wanted to eat them when they were little, but they’re poisonous!).

2 Likes

2 Likes

This is from my hike this morning.

Saw some really tiny fawn tracks and normal doe tracks. I am not sure what the little five fingered track is. I’m think raccoon. The area I was hiking in is a grassland and big with some pine and oak savannah aspects to it. I’m not sure off the top of my head the caterpillar species. It had red feet. The spider is a lynx spider.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m pretty sure the five fingered footprint is a raccoon, and not a possum.

http://media.kansas.com/static/pdfs/tracks.pdf

Have you made a cage for your mosquito pet yet? :slightly_smiling_face:
(It reminded me of this: Tabasco - Mosquito Video from Ad Age)

2 Likes

Here is one of those fox cubs (now grown) that was sunning him (her?) self in our back yard today.

6 Likes

I’ve made no home for them yet but I did willingly contribute some of my blood for her offspring. I’m going to start trying to get pictures of all the different kinds and I think the easiest way to do that is be their food lol. I also have almost no reaction to them for some reason. I’ll be bit 50+ times and itch for like 2 minutes and then it goes away.

Don’t get Zika or some such! West Nile is pretty common around here, but I’m pretty sure that I’ve been inoculated. A few years back, I got two or three mosquito bites once working outside, and I don’t remember how many days later (something under a week) I felt crummy and somewhat feverish for a day or two. That was the only thing it could have been, I decided.

Some species of moth I’ll work on IDying later on. It’s the type that has to flush fluids through its wings and vibrate them fit like 30 seconds before it’s able to fly. It was in a bad spot and needed to be moved.

2 Likes

My two younger children and our dog in the first leaf pile of the fall, and some colors near our town.

6 Likes

Is it a type of hawk moth? My Seek app calls it a “Mournful Sphinx.”

Definitely looks like it could be. I have not yet looked into it. But that is probably what it is.

1 Like

I got the macro lens out again. . .

(42-exposure focus stack)
That’s a cicada exoskeleton, left behind after molting. It was probably around for a while since it’s caked with dirt.

4 Likes